Exchange Mail Between Forests
I have 2 forests (first.local and second.local). These servers do not have access to the internet.I have one Exchange server in each forest. There is also a forest transitive trust between the forests.Users can send mail to each other from within the forests, however I cannot get them to send to the other forest. All routing and DNS is configured correctly.What steps will I need to perform in Exchange to accomplish this?Thanks,Scott
November 10th, 2008 12:05am

One simple way to resolve the issue is to make a new send connector in exchange. How you do this depends on the version of Exchange you have 03 or 07.In 03 open the ESM and expand connectors > make a new connector with an address space of second.local, use a smart host to deliver the mail and type the IP of the receiving exchange server in brackets ie [10.1.1.200].The process is nearly the same in 07... send connectors can be found in organization configuration > hub transport > send connector tab. Run the wizard for a new connector using the same settings as specified earlier.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 10th, 2008 4:08am

That did the trick. Thanks a lot.
November 13th, 2008 5:55pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics