Exchange 2013 MP doesn't rollup good

For a customer I created a (distributed application) dashboard which shows the overall health of the infrastructure. For Exchange 2013 however, the rollup doesn't work:

I read about similar problems here and here, but I believe it is not completely the same issue. I also tried the solutions described but not seem to work. Is this a bug of the Exchange MP? I noticed the default Exchange Organization view doesn't reflect the state either. Or this there something else going on?

Oh, btw, it is not a view or client issue. I tested it multiple times with multiple consoles but all the same result.

• Edited by MD_1977 20 hours 18 minutes ago
April 22nd, 2015 6:49am

Hmm.. Well one issue I potentially see is the fact that Exchange 2013 creates it's own health model and injects that into SCOM.  You will notice this when you look at the health explorer.  There are areas above the normal parent monitors and they might appear in reports simply as '>'.

I don't know if that is what might be causing your issue, as I don't know what you are trying to roll up.  Also, I should say our E2K13 environment is small right now, and most of our operators don't use the console, they just want good alerting.

Not much help, but maybe someone can chime in.  Also, I haven't looked, but I would expect the Exchange MP to have a DAG view built already.  Is there a reason why they would not want to use this out of the box view?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 12:38am

Hi,

Could you please take a screenshot of the Health Explorer for the top level entity?

April 23rd, 2015 1:56am

Some additional information.

Basically, I want a single diagram view with the health state of all major IT components (AD, Exchange, Sharepoint etc.). To make this fit into the screen I can show only 2 levels. For every application the health rollups good, except Exchange (as shown in my start post).

I'm currently not at the customer so I can't make a screenshot, but what I can remember in the Health explorer only the Availability node is green. All other nodes are in an unmonitored state. However, I created a rollup monitor for the other nodes (as described here) but that doesn't make any difference.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 23rd, 2015 2:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics