Exchange 2010 management pack for Operations Manager 2012 R2
I am very new to Operations Manager and I have just built an Operations Manager 2012 R2 UR7 environment.  I would like to monitor my exchange 2010 environment. The only exchange 2010 management pack I can find is only supported on Windows Server 2003 x64 editions and Windows Server 2008 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=692) and I cannot install it on Server 2012 R2 (which is what Ops Mgr in using).  Can anyone help?  Is there a different management pack I should use?
August 25th, 2015 9:45pm

Although Exchange 2010 MP was written for SCOM 2007 R2, it is also work in SCOM 2012 and the only item that has changed in SCOM 2012 is that there is no longer a Root Management Server. Instead, install the correlation engine on the management server that hosts the RMS Emulator role.

http://www.msexchange.org/articles_tutorials/exchange-server-2010/management-administration/monitoring-exchange-2010-opsmgr-2007-r2-part1.html

Roger

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 25th, 2015 10:22pm

I was told you can install it on all of your management servers, but just make sure it is enabled and running on ONE.  Worth a try.  All management servers now have the SDK service, which is basically what the correlation engine is looking for, and uses. 

You should be good to go.

August 26th, 2015 12:57am

Hello Blake.  I am not sure I understand your reply.  My problem with the Exchange 2010 Management Pack is that when I try and install it, it will not recognise the operating system of my server.  The server that I am trying to install it on is my first Management server, which hosts the RMS Emulator Role and has Windows Server 2012 R2 as the OS.  My understanding so far is that my exchange server needs to be agent managed and allowed to act as a proxy (done).  Next step is to install the exchange 2010 management pack, and there I got stuck.  Am I trying to install the wrong thing?
August 26th, 2015 1:17am

So when you first double click the package, it should try to install the Exchange Correlation Engine, then it extracts the MP's, which you have to manually import.

Download IT

I don't see of Server 2012 OS would prevent you from installing this.  Ensure you are downloading and installing the CORRECT msi.  There is a 32 bit (x86) and a 64 bit (x64) version.   You have to dl and install the version that matches your server OS hosting SCOM version.

August 26th, 2015 2:04am

Just to add:

1. It would be great if you could post the specific error message. Your explanation is mixing Management Server with Exchange Server and Correlation Engine with Management Pack. It would be useful if you could specify exactly what you are configuring where. E.g.

a) Install SCOM Agents on all Exchange Servers (agent proxy enabled)

b) Import Exchange Management Pack

c) Install Exchange Correlation on Management Server (ideally the one that hosts the RMS Emulator role). ** Make sure the SCOM Console is installed on the Management Server **

Neither a) nor b) will affect the installation of the Correlation Engine.

2. It should be noted from the System Requirements and documentation that Windows Server 2012 \ R2 is not supported for the Correlation Engine. It does work so while you might not get any official support, we can assist here.

Configuration

Support

Windows Server 2003

Windows Server 2008

Windows Server 2008 R2

Exchange 2010 computers that the   Exchange 2010 Management Pack monitors must be running a 64-bit version   of Windows Server 2008. This is based on the minimum   requirements for Exchange 2010.

The Correlation Engine supports 32-bit   and 64-bit architectures.

Regards

Graham 

August 26th, 2015 2:52am

Hi Graham

Okay,  found the correct download and that helped.

1. SCOM agent is installed on my exchange server (single server environment) with agent proxy enabled
  2. I have installed the Correlation Engine on the management server that with the RMS Emulator role.  Service is running. 
  3. Installed the Exchange 2010 Management pack (Exchange Server 2010 and Exchange Server 2010 Report Library)

In my discovered inventory my exchange server has a green tick and is healthy.  However when I expand the Microsoft Exchange section of my monitoring it is all empty. SCOM has not associated my exchange server with the exchange monitoring pack. 

What have I missed?

September 14th, 2015 7:38pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics