Exchange 2007 Install error 8202
I am trying to install Exchange 2007 on Server 2008 in a 200/2003 domain. When running setup I get the following rom the ldif.err file: Entry DN: CN=ms-Exch-Resource-Schema,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=ntdomain,DC=localAdd error on entry starting on line 180: No Such Attribute The server side error is: 0x57 The parameter is incorrect. The extended server error is: 00000057: LdapErr: DSID-0C090C26, comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, v1771 An error has occurred in the programI use ADSIEdit to check ms-exch-resource-schema and maycontain and removed a dup value there. the value in there now is "msExchResourceLocationSchema" I tried to replace it with the value "msExchResourcePropertySchema" as recomended in the MS article948214, but I get an error saying:"Operatain failed. Error code: 0x57 the parameter is incorrect. 00000057:LdapErr: DSID-0C090A85, comment: Error in attribute conversion operation, data 0, vecewhat is the correct value for MayContain or is their something else I need to do to resolve this. I have tried to run setup.com /preparead again but it bombs with the same error 8202.
July 31st, 2008 2:49am

Hello, From the description, you experience error on the ms-Exch-Resource-Schema when attempting to install the Exchange 2007 on the Windows Server 2008. I am afraid that the Microsoft knowledge base 948214 can't be applied to this issue. Please check the following attribute as follows: 1. Open ADSIEDIT.msc and locate attribute: ms-exch-resource-property-schema. 2. Check the attribute ms-exch-resource-property-schema had correct ldapdisplay name: msExchResourcePropertySchema. Try to correct it if it is something else. Additionally, I would like to suggest that you post Exchange related issues in our Exchange forum. People there have better knowledge on this and they may share some useful information with you. http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/default.aspx?ForumGroupID=235&SiteID=17 Thank you for your understanding and I hope this will be resolved soon.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 5th, 2008 12:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics