Exchange 2003 Resource Forest and RPC over HTTP/OWA - Specifially Authentication across forests
Hello Everyone, I was hoping someone can explain how RPC over HTTP, and OWA works in a Multiforest environment, specifically with regards to authentication (Kerberos and NTLM). I have been trying to find some specific documentation online with no luck. From what I have been told the infrastructure is as follows: There are many account forests due to the nature of our business, they all currently connect to an Exchange 2003 resource forest. All forests are connected via a forest to forest transitive trust. The RPC over HTTP topology is deployed as a Front-End and Back-End server with ISA 2006 in the perimeter network. My question revolves around authentication. How are users from multiple account forests that are connecting via the internet (workgroup or non-connected Domain computers) through RPC over HTTP, authenticate to the exchange servers in the resource forest?? How are these users authenticated using basic authentication in IIS?? And are the exchange servers forwarding authentication requests to the resource DC’s with in turn are forwarding the request to the appropriate DC’s in the users account forest via the forest trust? Any documentation on the full authentication process will be extremely helpful!
December 31st, 2009 7:45am

Hi, The question seems to be more related to Exchange. I suggest that you post to the Exchange forum. The forums there are better support pool to be of assistance: Exchange Server http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/category/exchangeserver/ Thank you for your understanding.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 4th, 2010 9:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics