Exchange 2000 and 2007 disclaimer.
I am not sure where I am supposed to post questions for Exchange Server so I decided to post it here.I understand I can use a transport hub in exchange 2007 to add a company legal disclaimer. Does this work the same way as in 2000 that I would need two exchange servers or does it work with only one? If I only have 1 server I will have to buy a 3rd party solution and I am considering this because we currently have Exchange 2000 but will be upgrading very soon to 2007 and don't want to spend the money in the 3rd party solution if Exchange 2007 will have it natively.Thanks in advance.Pedro
July 16th, 2008 9:34pm

Pedro-PR said: I am not sure where I am supposed to post questions for Exchange Server so I decided to post it here. The best place to ask Exchange Server relatedquestions is one of the 15 Exchange Server 2007 TechNet forums. Pedro-PR said: I understand I can use a transport hub in exchange 2007 to add a company legal disclaimer. Does this work the same way as in 2000 that I would need two exchange servers or does it work with only one? If I only have 1 server I will have to buy a 3rd party solution and I am considering this because we currently have Exchange 2000 but will be upgrading very soon to 2007 and don't want to spend the money in the 3rd party solution if Exchange 2007 will have it natively. Disclaimers are built in with Exchange Server 2007.A sample disclaimer powershell command to set a disclaimer would be: new-TransportRule-Name'Disclaimer'-Comments'Disclaimerforallleavingmessages' -Conditions 'Microsoft.Exchange.MessagingPolicies.Rules.Tasks.FromScopePredicate','Microsoft.Exchange.MessagingPolicies.Rules.Tasks.SentToScopePredicate' -Actions 'Microsoft.Exchange.MessagingPolicies.Rules.Tasks.ApplyDisclaimerAction' -Exceptions -Enabled$true-Priority'0' More information: Using Transport Rules: Creating Disclaimers in Exchange Server 2007 How to Configure a Disclaimer
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 16th, 2008 11:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics