Excessive CPU usage from Health Service

Hello,

We are experiencing high CPU on a server since we deployed the SCOM agent. Ive been trying to trouble shoot the issue. I found that there was a service called conhost.exe which was starting up a cscript.exe process when it kicked off. I used process explorer and figured out from the below pastes that it looks like SCOM us the one causing the problems.

"C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "Microsoft.Windows.Server.NetwokAdapter.BandwidthUsed.ModuleType.vbs" AKLZDC002 true 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 21\184\ 

MonitoringHost.exe(3964) ( scom ) 

"C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "SCOMpercentageCPUTimeCounter.vbs" SERVER01.somdnszone.com false 3 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 21\698\ 

MonitoringHost.exe(3964) ( scom ) 

"C:\Windows\system32\cscript.exe" /nologo "DiscoverHealthServiceProperties.vbs" 0 {7411606E-CFAA-7624-CFB8-782AADEC672D} {D7C3546A-8C88-33EC-3376-3FA362FF171D} SERVER01.somdnszone.com "CORRECTIONS" True 

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Monitoring Agent\Agent\Health Service State\Monitoring Host Temporary Files 22\1921\ 

MonitoringHost.exe(4412) ( scom )

Can you let me know what actions I should take to further investigate/resolve this issue.

June 25th, 2014 11:54pm

The KB is 968967 :

The CPU usage of an application or a service that uses MSXML 6.0 to handle XML requests reaches 100% in Windows Server 2008, Windows Vista, Windows XP Service Pack 3, or other systems that have MSXML 6.0 installed

For this issue, you can refer below link

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974051

http://blogs.technet.com/b/kevinholman/archive/2009/07/20/do-you-randomly-see-a-monitoringhost-exe-process-consuming-lots-of-cpu.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 26th, 2014 12:25am

Our RMS for some reason spiked about 2 weeks ago and HealthService.exe consumes 100% of the CPU.  I installed this hotfix and it did absolutely nothing.  the only fix is to stop the health service which is not an option for us.  I have installed a list of hotfix reccomended by Kevin Holman and a vast array of other fixes and nothing is working.  This is really frustrating
June 2nd, 2015 2:17pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics