Exception while executing a keyword query

HI I have setup a FAST server and a sharepoint server both in same farm. I have created a custom search webpart which is doing a keyword query and displaying the results. Now I have also published my FAST Query SSA and I am using the proxy in another farm (all trust and everything is done and even I'm getting search results in search centre with the proxy ). When I'm using the same webpart there to run the keyword query I'm getting the following exception

The search request was unable to execute on FAST Search Server.

Exception:---

at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceApplicationProxy.ThrowBackwardCompatibleException(FaultException`1 ex)

at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceApplicationProxy.DoSpLoadBalancedUriWsOp[T](WebServiceBackedOperation`1 webServiceCall, Int32 timeoutInMilliseconds, Int32 wcfTimeoutInMilliseconds, String operationName)

at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceApplicationProxy.DoWebServiceBackedOperation[T](String operationName, Int32 timeoutInMilliseconds, Int32 wcfTimeoutInMilliseconds, WebServiceBackedOperation`1 webServiceCall)

at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Administration.SearchServiceApplicationProxy.Execute(QueryProperties properties)

at Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.Query.Execute()

at Homepage.browse.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

What is that I'm doing wrong:-

I have been trying to fix this since entire day . Please any FAST expert help me out resolving this issue as this is a real critical application for my client and they want it done by tomorrow.

Please find the code also:-

using (KeywordQuery query = new KeywordQuery(proxy))
    {
     query.ResultsProvider = Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SearchProvider.Default;
     query.QueryText = querytext;
     query.Refiners = "bbcategories";
     query.SelectProperties.Add("BCTitle");
     query.SelectProperties.Add("BrowseURL");
     query.SelectProperties.Add("categories");
     query.SelectProperties.Add("Comments");
     query.SelectProperties.Add("InfoType");
     query.SortList.Add("infotype", Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SortDirection.Descending);
     query.SortList.Add("bctitle", Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Query.SortDirection.Ascending);
     query.ResultTypes = ResultType.RelevantResults | ResultType.RefinementResults;
     query.RowLimit = 10000;
     ResultTableCollection resultTables = query.Execute();
     ResultTable results = resultTables[ResultType.RelevantResults];
     ResultTable refinements = resultTables[ResultType.RefinementResults];
     DataTable dt = new DataTable();
     DataTable dtr = new DataTable();
    }

Regards,

Re

July 19th, 2011 5:24pm

Hi Resolutes,

Do you have the inner exception which ThrowBackwardCompatibleException re-throws? This will tell what the actual error is. This would probably be in the ULS logs.

Also, if you set the ResultsProvider to FASTSearch, instead of Default, does that make a difference? Are you running with SP1? If not, try to write all your properties in lowercase (bctitle, browseurl, comments, infotype).

Regards,
Mikael Svenson 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 19th, 2011 8:42pm

Hi Resolutes,

i had a very similiar problem, which i solved with "query.TrimDuplicates = false;".

Regards,

Momme Kuesel

February 12th, 2013 12:12pm

Hi Resolutes,

i had a very similiar problem, which i solved with "query.TrimDuplicates = false;".

Regards,

Momme Kuesel

Hi Resolutes,

Regards,

Momme Kuesel

Hi Resolutes,

Regards,

Momme Kuesel

I guess it is because of RawLimit... I had similar exception that the maximum is 500
February 15th, 2015 7:48pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics