Excel sheet not visible in excel destination

Hi,

I have ssis package where I have excel connection manager with expression pointing to a variable which has path for location and name of excel spreadsheet to be create each with date on the name.

ExcelFilePath points to variable for shared location where excel file will be saved.

I have File system task for copying template excel file to destination location with date in file name.

I drag and drop excel destination.  Pointed to excel connection manager. Under data access mode, I have select table and view.  

When I try to select name of excel sheet,  it says, no tables or views could be loaded. I should be able to see sheetname there so that I can map column. I only have option to create new spreadsheet. I want to use template to load data in excel file. I dont want to create new sheet. 

Am I missing anything here. It was working before. But I opened the ssis package and its broken. I was able to see spreadsheet name before but I dont see it now even though I have not made any change to package. I am not able to figure it out what happen suddenly.

Thanks for help.

This is what I see in connection string:

Provider=MicrAosoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0;Data Source=\\Dev\Test\Destination\ABC -2015-09-13.xlsx;Extended Properties="EXCEL 12.0 XML;HDR=NO";

• Edited by 1234alex 9 hours 15 minutes ago
September 14th, 2015 5:47pm

Hi 1234alex,

\\Dev\Test\Destination\ABC is not accessible to the account executing the package.

Typically resolved by using a proxy: https://gqbi.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/setting-up-a-proxy-account-to-run-sql-server-integration-services-ssis-2012-packages/

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 14th, 2015 10:42pm

Hi 1234alex,

Based on my research, the issue can be caused by the followings:

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

September 15th, 2015 2:55am