Excel saving files to shared drive with no ownership established

I set up DFS to replicate data between two folders.  After I noticed that some users were unable to access the original folder, I cancelled the replication and removed the replications relationship from DFS, and users can now see and access the original source folder again.  

A few hours later I get a call from a user who is using Excel to open files residing in the Accounting folder on that shared drive (F: on the local workstation).

The user opens an Excel file in the Accounting directory of the F drive, makes a few changes, then saves it in the same directory with a new name.  

This new Excel file is not visible to her.  When looking at it from the server, you can see that the new file is there, but there is no established ownership of the file.  I have to take ownership as the Domain Admin, then re-apply permissions and everything is fine.  

It only seems to do this when saving a file out of Excel, not from Word or any other Office product.  It also doesn't happen if I just create a new document directly in the directory using right click --> New --> Text Document.  

Any ideas?

September 11th, 2015 2:40pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics