Event Log report

Dear,

I have more than 20 servers in my Environment & was looking for NT Event log report from SCOM, which gives me the output of All events (System, Application, security, setup). Anyone having query, RDL file please help.

Thank you in Advance.

July 20th, 2015 9:24pm

Hi 

yes you can generate this report in scom with default warehouse or generic report for eventid, for this you need to configure to event collection rule to collect all event and post to DB abd DW.

I strongly not recommend this configuration rule in SCOM which may flood the DB/DW and bring SCOM down.

Regards

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 21st, 2015 3:59am

Hi Sridhar, Thank you for your response on my query. Do i have to create separate rule to each event ID, any way to enable this report for all occurring events from all servers (windows 2008 R2). Please confirm.
July 21st, 2015 3:06pm

First, I agree with Sridhar. I do not recommend collection every single event on your servers. This will be a huge amount of additional data for SCOM.

If you want to, you will need to create a (collection) Rule for each Event log (Application, System etc.). You can collect all events from each log. This will give you all:

August 6th, 2015 8:42am

First, I agree with Sridhar. I do not recommend collection every single event on your servers. This will be a huge amount of additional data for SCOM.

If you want to, you will need to create a (collection) Rule for each Event log (Application, System etc.). You can collect all events from each log. This will give you all:

• Edited by Michael Skov Thursday, August 06, 2015 12:36 PM added pic
August 6th, 2015 12:35pm

• Edited by Michael Skov Thursday, August 06, 2015 12:36 PM added pic
August 6th, 2015 12:35pm

Hi There,

You can use the And filter in the Rule to add more criteria like Error, Warning etc.

But would suggest you to target them carefully and disable and override them only yo the required servers as it may flood lot of data.

August 6th, 2015 4:33pm

1) At first, you should follow Gautam and Michael method for creating event collection rule

2) You can view the reportin in Reporting workspace--> Microsoft generic report --> Event analysis

Roger

August 7th, 2015 2:05am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics