Event ID 7000 in SCOM agent servers

Hello,

I am trying to configure MS SQL Server Analysis Services monitoring in SCOM. I have created two Run As acocunts, for Discovery and Monitoring and distributed it to the servers that needs to be monitored. The SQL team has confirmed that they have added these accounts to local admin on the server and to SQL SSAS Instance admin group.

But few of these servers are not discovered and Instance Summary dashboard is not loaded for few which have been discovered. Upon investigating the event logs on these servers I found these two errors:

Event ID 7000 "The Health Service could not log on the RunAs account Domain\SysOpsMgrSQLAnalysDsc for management group SCOMPROD.  The error is Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password.(1326L).  This will prevent the health service from monitoring or performing actions using this RunAs account"

Event ID 1102: "Rule/Monitor "Microsoft.SQLServer.2008.AnalysisServices.UnitMonitor.Partition.FreeSpace" running for instance "Weekly Stock" with id:"{308A9063-79FC-66FC-4B3C-219CB663E781}" cannot be initialized and will not be loaded. Management group "SCOMPROD""

Any suggestoins what could be wrong?

Thanks in advance.

September 3rd, 2015 1:21pm

Hi

Did you if you open the RunAs account, there is a distribution tab. Did you add the SQL Analysis Servers to this tab?

http://www.systemcentercentral.com/quick-look-at-the-new-sql-server-2012-analysis-services-management-pack/

Cheers,

Stefan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 3rd, 2015 3:38pm

Yes Stefan.

I did distribute it to all the SSAS servers I want to monitor. It's something to do with the password i guess. I am trying to reset the password and try to update the Run As account and see if it helps.

Thanks

September 3rd, 2015 4:41pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics