Event ID 5719 netlogon errors
Hi, I have a client that has three domian controller . hd-dc running 2008 r2 Stand, colo-dc running 2008 r2 Stand, and usernet-dc running 2003 standard. They are getting event ID 5719 errors netgon on the USERNET-DC. DNS seems to find I can ping each dc without a problem from each other. I'm not getting any error in the DNS logs or AD logs I have ran the following test netdiag and dcdiag and netdom verify See results below. Any help with this would be greatly appreiated. Error message EVENT LOG System EVENT TYPE Error SOURCE NETLOGON EVENT ID 5719 COMPUTERNAME USERNET-DC DATE / TIME 10/7/2010 11:47:55 AM MESSAGE This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain TESTDOM due to the following: There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request. This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain administrator. ADDITIONAL INFO If this computer is a domain controller for the specified domain, it sets up the secure session to the primary domain controller emulator in the specified domain. Otherwise, this computer sets up the secure session to any domain controller in the specified domain. Failed event from DCDIAG test every thing else shows as passed Starting test: FsmoCheck GC Name: \\usernet-dc.testdom.com Locator Flags: 0xe00001fc Warning: DcGetDcName(PDC_REQUIRED) call failed, error 1355 A Primary Domain Controller could not be located. The server holding the PDC role is down. Time Server Name: \\usernet-dc.testdom.com Locator Flags: 0xe00001fc Preferred Time Server Name: \\usernet-dc.testdom.com Locator Flags: 0xe00001fc KDC Name: \\usernet-dc.testdom.com Locator Flags: 0xe00001fc ......................... testdom.com failed test FsmoCheck Failed events from Netdiag test Trust relationship test. . . . . . : Failed Test to ensure DomainSid of domain 'testdom' is correct. [FATAL] Secure channel to domain 'testdom' is broken. [ERROR_NO_LOGON_SERVERS]
October 8th, 2010 9:37pm

Hi, Thanks for the post. Please try the Method 6 (Reset the machine account password, and then obtain a new Kerberos ticket) mentioned in the following KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837513 Does it work? If the above method does not help, please also check if the following KB article will help you on this issue. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938449 Hope this helps. MilesPlease remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 12th, 2010 12:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics