Event ID 41 Kernel-Power Error
Hello, I'm having what appears to not be an uncommon problem. We have two HP DL360 G5 servers running 2008 R2 that lodge Event 41 (Kernel-Power) every time the server restarts. The KB article here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504 does not answer my problem. I've spent hours on the phone with second level tech support at HP, diagnosing, updating firmware & drivers, shutting off ASR, and basically doing the hokey-pokey until we're blue in the face. I cannot find any reason why this error is thrown every time these servers reboot. I've watched the reboot process at the console and no discernable errors occur. The server reboots just fine but each time I log back in the error has occurred again. There are no bugcheck codes in the event viewer either. Anyone out there experiencing similar? I see all sorts of chatter over on the Windows 7 side but these are servers. Any direction or advice would be nice. Thank you!
October 18th, 2010 5:00pm

Hello Spiderkingbeemer, Can you post the Event ID details for the Event 41?Thanks, Darrell Gorter This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. VAMT - Volume Activation Management Tool - Download link http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ec7156d2-2864-49ee-bfcb-777b898ad582&displaylang=en
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 18th, 2010 9:20pm

Hi, To narrow down the cause, please refer to the following steps: 1. Is there any external device attached or connected to this server? If any, please try to disconnected them temporarily to test. Any progress? 2. If not, please disable all third party software, boot the system into Clean Boot, restart again, do we get the error? What’s the result? If the error still occur, let’s test boot into Safe Mode and then restart. If it appears in Safe Mode, we may have to install a new system. If the error show up in new system, I’m afraid it’s a hardware problem. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
October 20th, 2010 2:15am

Hi, Have you tried the suggestions? Any update is welcomed. If there is any problem, please let us know the detailed error message. Thanks.This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 24th, 2010 9:16pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics