Event ID 33528 - Unable to connect to DataSource

I'm seeing the following errors in my SCSM 2012 CU3 environment on the DW management server:

Event ID 33528
Message: Unable to connect to DataSource : DW_PPS_SCSM_Managers. Ignoring this datasource for MP Sync.

This error is new to me after I manually unregistered the Data Sources with PowerShell, Uninstalled the DW from the DW management server, Re-installedthe DW and then re-registered the SM management server with the DW.

The reason for me manually doing it this way is because trying to "unregister" from the Administration console fails, and I believe it's due to the fact that one of my data sources has spaces in it, so it doesn't parse the spaces correctly and fails with an error.

Unfortunately, after re-registering with the DW, I'm only seeing one Data Source.  I'm missing the DW data source... and I'm not seeing anything in the Reporting section (yes I manually configured the remote SSRS server.)

March 13th, 2013 6:00pm

Update.

I upgraded our TEST environment to SP1 today and that didn't fix anything.  What's worse is I tried to manually add the Data Source using PowerShell cmdlets on the DW server and I get an error when using the following string:

register-scdwsource -ComputerName WNSCSMTST2 -DataSourceTypeName ServiceManager -SourceComputerName WNSCSMTST1 -DataSourceName DW_PPS_SCSM_Managers

Error is:

Register-SCDWSource : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
At line:1 char:20
+ register-scdwsource <<<<
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Register-SCDWSource], NullReferenceException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Warehouse.Cmdlets.RegisterSCDWSource

If I try just "register-scdwsource" <Enter> and let the system prompt me for the information, it fails immediately after I input the DataSourceName "DW_PPS_SCSM_Managers"

Register-SCDWSource : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
At line:1 char:20
+ register-scdwsource <<<<
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Register-SCDWSource], NullReferenceException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.NullReferenceException,Microsoft.EnterpriseManagement.Warehouse.Cmdlets.RegisterSCDWSource

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 14th, 2013 11:26pm

Hi: I'm facing the same issue, any idea? Thanks in advance. Regards,
April 1st, 2013 9:24pm

I'm using a brand new installation of SCSM 2012 R2 RTM with a brand new Data Warehouse on the same version and receiving the exact same error.  I have scoured Google and tried all of the solutions given to no avail. 

- PowerShell execution policy is set to RemoteSigned on both the SCSM Management Server as well as the Data Warehouse.

- DW Registration fails from the console which is why I tried PowerShell

So Microsoft still hasn't fixed this I guess.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can provide an answer that helps me get the DW registered.

August 6th, 2015 12:37pm

Mark, have you seen this post?

http://blogs.technet.com/b/mihai/archive/2014/10/13/fixing-service-manager-data-warehouse-registration-information.aspx

It goes over DW registration in pretty good detail and how it can be fixed by the utility provided. It's not supported by Microsoft, but it has fixed a couple of my registration issues in the past.

August 6th, 2015 12:44pm

This is for an initial DW Registration. In this case the initial object in the MT_Microsoft$SystemCenter$ResourceAccessLayer$DwSdkResourceStore table does not exist as expected.  If it did exist I would be able to use the tool to remove the information and fix it.

August 6th, 2015 1:34pm

Maybe I'm not clear on the problem, then? The initial object doesn't have to exist for you to use the tool. I've used the tool to create registration objects when they don't exist. Did you try the tool and it threw an error or something?
August 6th, 2015 1:42pm

I used the tool yesterday and it did not solve my issue with the failed DW.  I rebuilt the DW overnight and tried to register today and this instance is failing as well.
August 6th, 2015 2:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics