Event ID 12339 and 12344: File Server Resource Manager failed to find claim list
We are seeing the followed paired errors every 15 minutes on our two cluster servers (and the cluster itself). Both cluster servers are running Windows Server 2012, recently purchased and configured.

1) Event ID: 12339

File Server Resource  Manager failed to find the claim list 'Global Resource Property List' in Active Directory (ADsPath: LDAP://dc1.domain.local/CN=Global Resource Property List,CN=Resource Property Lists,CN=Claims Configuration,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=domain,DC=local).  Please check that the claims list configured for this machine in Group Policy exists in Active Directory.

2) Event ID: 12344

File Server Resource  Manager finished syncing claims from Active Directory and encountered errors during the sync (0x80072030, There is no such object on the server.) Please check previous event logs for details.

I have seen one or two posts in reference to this, and the only help that was in them was a reference Central Access Policy, and to go check this URL

http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/library/hh846167.aspx

However, in my case both of our Domain Controllers are Windows Server 2003. The referenced solutions do not exist when I used ADSIEdit, I assume because they are elements of Windows Server 2012 and I have 2003 DCs.

What options do I have to address this error message, given my domain is currently a 2003 setup? It is not immediately possible to simply change to a 2012 domain setup completely.
March 4th, 2013 2:59pm

Well without updating your domain to 2012, I don't believe there is way around this.  You'll have to ignore the error messages (like I have) until you are able to update your domain as well.

Here's a link to a video that does a very good job of explaining DAC and why it's ok to ignore the errors for now:

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Upgrading-Skills-to-Windows-Server-2012-Jump-Start/Upgrading-Skills-to-Windows-Server-2012-10-Implementing-Dynamic-Access-Control

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 8th, 2013 9:51pm

hello

I also met the same problem
This problem solved by updating to Active Directory schema version56.
(no need install  Windows Server 2012 domain controller)

If you can update the schema of your domain.
Try this operation.

1)
log on to Windows Server 2012 as Administrator of your domain
(Active Directory member server)

2)
Copy from "support \adprep" in the media of Windows Server 2012to "c:\"

3)
run this command
c:\adprep\adprep.exe /forestprep

March 12th, 2013 5:43pm

Hello,

I am getting same error. I would like to follow the method mentioned by keinaga

Do we need do steap 2 and 3 on server 2012 member server or 2003 SP1 DC?

Thanks so much

November 6th, 2013 8:12am

Hello,

Steps 2 and 3,Both DC or member server are acceptable.
But, adprep.exe(schema version56) is 64 bit edition only. 

FYI:When I tested, used Windows Server 2012 and 2008 R2(member server).

January 21st, 2014 7:45am

If you're running 2008 AD, will this also work? Has anyone tried?
April 20th, 2015 9:31pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics