Event ID 10 with error 0x80041010
Hello, getting the following event 10 as well as a handful of others differing only in the specific wmi class referenced in the query. Appears to only be logged once at boot. Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-WMI Event ID: 10 Description: Event filter with query "select * from HP_PowerSupplyEvent" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./ROOT/WMI" because of error 0x80041010. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected. This is an HP server and I know it's related to the HP WBEM provider. I'm using the latest version of the HP WBEM provider, and have also tried the previous version. Same results. From what I've found googling the 0x8001010 error indicates an 'invalid class', however using powershell I can retrieve a reference to this class without error, and they show in the list when querying that namespace, for example: PS C:\> gwmi -Namespace root\wmi -list | Select-String hp_ \\DFEWWW-R5CM5N\ROOT\wmi:HP_FanEvent \\DFEWWW-R5CM5N\ROOT\wmi:HP_UIDStateChangeEvent \\DFEWWW-R5CM5N\ROOT\wmi:HP_TempSensorFailureEvent \\DFEWWW-R5CM5N\ROOT\wmi:HP_PowerSupplyEvent \\DFEWWW-R5CM5N\ROOT\wmi:HP_ASRStateChangeEvent \\DFEWWW-R5CM5N\ROOT\wmi:HP_Health all the classes listed in output of above PS command have an event id 10 error in the application log, just like the example I put at the beginning of this post. aside from "check with HP", does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? recompiling the mof's?
June 24th, 2010 11:31am

Hi, Have you tried running this: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=d7ba3cd6-18d1-4d05-b11e-4c64192ae97d -- Mike Burr
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 24th, 2010 12:29pm

Miles, why would previous reply be 'marked as answer'? Mike, thanks for the suggestion, I will try that out and post back.
June 28th, 2010 8:53am

Hi c0pe, The WMI Diagnosis Utility could help you diagnose and repair problems with the WMI service. Please update this issue timely. Thanks, Miles Please remember to click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you, and to click Unmark as Answer if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
June 28th, 2010 9:53pm

I'm having a similar problem but this time it's occurring on a Windows 2008 R2 server. The WMI Diagnosis Utility doesn't support this platform. Any suggestions please?
September 16th, 2010 4:11am

I have the same problem on Windows 2008 R2 server and the WMI Diagnosis Utility doesn't work.May the source be with you! Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.
October 4th, 2012 6:11am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics