Event ID: 4776, Error Code: 0xc0000371 on Server 2008 RODC
I recently promoted a Windows Server 2008 File Server at a branch office to a RODC (WinVer 6.0, build 6002 SP2). Since doing so, a multi-function printer can no longer access a network share (for a scan to folder function). No changes have been made to the share, which can still be accessed from any XP SP3 clients. The MFP connects to the share via SMB (port 139) using a dedicated domain account. A network trace shows successful SMB Negotiate and Session Setup, but the server replies with the following error to the MFP's SMB Tree Connect requests:SMB: R; Tree Connect Andx - DOS OS Error, (5) ACCESS_DENIED. There's also a corresponding Audit Failure event in the server's security log: Event ID: 4776 - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account.Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0Logon Account: <account_name>Source Workstation: \\<unqualified_hostname>Error Code: 0xc0000371I cannot find any information on the specific error code.On the server, I've verified File and Printer Sharing firewall exception and share/NTFS permissions. As previously indicated, shares can still be accessed normally from workstations. On the MFP, I've verified all relevant settings and have substituted other valid domain accounts for authentication (including a domain admin).I'm stuck. Any suggestions for additional troubleshooting?
February 11th, 2010 6:47pm

Hi ,I believe you are receiving STATUS_NO_SECRETS followed by the error code 0xc0000371 ?from the event i see that Microsoft authenticated package is queried for validating the user credentials , the package holds the user name and the password which in turn checks against the SAM database which returned with an error code 0x371. Can you check with different account / account with administrator priviliges to see if it exhibits the similar bheavior ( or produces event id 4776) Also please do provide the expansion of the frame ( SMB R: tree connect ...) along with the flags i would like to check Tree_Connect_ANDX frames and their flag values .
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2010 5:34am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics