Event 36870 - Fatal error occurred while attempting to access the SSL server credential private key
This error occurs when we reboot the Windows Server 2008 machine. The impact it has is sites in IIS that use this certificate fail to respond.The work-around is to remove the SSL binding from the site in IIS Manager, and then re-add the binding.Does anyone know why this happens? For example, is the SSL service starting up too slowly for the IIS Service?
May 5th, 2009 8:26pm

Hi, To better understand the issue, please let me know the error code returned from the cryptographic module (in the description of the event). In addition, I would like to confirm if the event only occurs when the server starts. I look forward to your response.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
May 7th, 2009 10:07am

SQL server ssl
May 23rd, 2009 11:40am

We have the same error on our sccm machine. he posts two events with the same code after a reboot.It is a windows servers sp2.A fatal error occurred when attempting to access the SSL server credential private key. The error code returned from the cryptographic module is 0x80090011.kind regards,Tom
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 3rd, 2009 4:33pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics