Event 15016 from HttpEvent on each startup
I am seeing one instance of Error Event 15016 from HttpEvent in the System log on each startup.Event text: Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication. The data field contains the error number.Does anyone have any detail on this? Thanks.Dell PowerEdge 2900; PERC 5/i RAID, 8GB RAM, Longhorn Beta 3 Escrow.
April 17th, 2007 4:23am

Hi all, I also met this problem in every released LH verison. Is it a known issue or just waived ? Or where can I find this answer, thx. Tom
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 18th, 2007 5:29am

Hello, I also had the same error event, I found out that error can be stopped by disabling "HTTP" service but the problem is that if we disable "HTTP" services than any other services depended on it will also fail, like "Print Spooler" service. If you are not running any service depended on "HTTP", then you can disable "HTTP" services by Start>Run>regedit>HKLM>SYSTEM>CurrentControlSet>Services>HTTP> change "Start"REG_DWORD to "4".
July 4th, 2007 7:27pm

hi, I have the same error too. I was running Windows Vista withSP1 betav.275 ButIcannot find theHTTP service in srrvices list?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 27th, 2007 5:56am

The message text of this event is "Unable to initialize the security package Kerberos for server side authentication...."I'm not sure about Visa, but on WS08, this event stops recurring after the Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS, a/k/a Domain Controller) role is added. I think the reason it occurs without AD DS is that AD DS is what enables the Kerberos security package.
September 27th, 2007 7:01am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics