Event 1363 iis www service not starting
Hello, We have 1 shared hosting windows 2003 x86 server that, after installation of KB980436 and the reboot all the IIS sites are both stopped and World Wide Web Publishing service fails to start with 1363 Cannot start a new logon session with an ID that is already in use I have uninstalled the KB980436 update and made it hidden so the update will not be installed again. This worked for a couple of weeks. Last week however the same error appeared after a reboot and there was no way i could start the www service. Only rebooting did the trick. With the KB980436 update there's no way i can start the www service. Any help would be greatly appreciated and would give me a good night rest again
December 13th, 2010 3:16am

Hello Tim, Everybody tells me everytime to post this into another forum. Yours is the third time. Is this issue not related to a security update? Yes i believe so KB980436. It is posted in three different forums and nobody knows the answer. Ronald.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 15th, 2010 2:58am

This is appalling, I am having the same issue and have followed this through those 3 forums. Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error Marcus Tullius Cicero,106-46BC
April 5th, 2011 9:37am

Did you try this? uninstall KB980436 reboot than run regsvr32 qmgr.dll --- Reboot It seems to be stable now but you never know for sure unfortunately ...
April 5th, 2011 10:47am

Thanks Augusto! This happened to my server just a few hours ago. After a windows update, several websites suddenly stopped working. So i reboot the server, and then got this 1363 error. So i did as you suggested, reboot and voila! it worked!
November 18th, 2011 2:05pm

Hi, I am getting error id 1005 & 7023 while starting World Wide Web Publishing Service. I retart IIS searvices & kill HTTP (lsass.exe), but it doesn’t help me. I follow above blog. · Ran “regsvr32 qmgr.dll” command. · And reboot server. After rebooting server I am able to start & stop “World Wide Web Publishing Service”. Thank You.
January 12th, 2012 1:12am

Hi, I am getting error id 1005 & 7023 while starting World Wide Web Publishing Service. I retart IIS searvices & kill HTTP (lsass.exe), but it doesn’t help me. I follow above blog. · Ran “regsvr32 qmgr.dll” command. · And reboot server. After rebooting server I am able to start & stop “World Wide Web Publishing Service”. Thank You.
January 12th, 2012 1:12am

And a reboot is needed. Problem solved.
March 6th, 2012 5:46pm

Augusto, that worked for me as well. Thank you!
July 25th, 2012 9:58am

This, followed by a server reboot, fixed the issue for me. Thanks! -ATF
September 19th, 2012 9:35am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics