Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of '

When I deploy the cube which is sitting on my PC (local) the following 4 errors come up:

Error1The datasource , 'AdventureWorksDW', contains an ImpersonationMode that that is not supported for processing operations.00
Error2Errors in the high-level relational engine. A connection could not be made to the data source with the DataSourceID of 'Adventure Works DW', Name of 'AdventureWorksDW'.00
Error3Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Customer', Name of 'Customer' was being processed.00
Error4Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the 'Customer Alternate Key' attribute of the 'Customer' dimension from the 'Analysis Services Tutorial' database was being processed.00

February 7th, 2006 5:50pm

Hey sb001,

I'm getting very similiar errors when I deploy cube too.

Did you find out what the solution was ?

I think it might be related to installing sql 2005 engine and using the Local System account instead of a Domain account with admin privildeges.

Please respond if you get a chance.

Thanks, Paul

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 7th, 2006 9:05am

Hi there,

I had the same problem as you and found the followingon http://www.eggheadcafe.com/forumarchives/SQLServerdatamining/Jun2005/post23396286.asp. Changing the impersonation mode to the service account sorted things out straight away for me, hopefully it'll do the same for you.

"The impersonation mode tells Anaylsis Server what credentials to use whenconnecting to the database specified in the datasource object. When youcreate the datasource using the Data Source Wizard, there's an"Impersonation Information" page where you can set this information. If the data source is used for processing (i.e. you are training miningstructures/models from that data source), you are not allowed to set theImpersonationMode to "Use the credentials of the current user" due tosecurity considerations - you must either use the service account or use aspecific username/password.You can change the impersonation mode by opening the data source in BI DevStudio and selecting one of the allowed options above on the "ImpersonationInformation" tab."

• Proposed as answer by Navin 969 Wednesday, June 15, 2011 3:55 PM
March 9th, 2006 6:08pm

my impersonation mode was already set to "User the service account", and cube failed to deploy anyway - not right away, but when building one of the dimensions.

any idea what could be the issue?

December 8th, 2006 8:01pm

Change the impersonation mode to default.

This will work if you have the database and SSAS2005 on the same machine.

If not , you have another problem.

HTH

Thomas Ivarsson

December 8th, 2006 8:10pm

We had to change the passwords for the domain account that we were using to process cubes, and ever since I've been getting the same errors as above. I've updated (on the server) the new credential info, but still get this issue.

December 21st, 2006 1:26am

Hi there...

I found the same solution on eggheadcafe.com, but it does not work for me. The database is on another machine & AS 2005 is on my local machine. I've tried using the Service Account as well as a(valid) SQL Server login but I still have the same problem. Can someone help...PLEASE

Thanx,

JudgeDredd...out!

March 7th, 2007 4:24pm

Changing to "default" did the trick for me - Cheers !!
June 11th, 2007 12:55pm

Note: to set to the impersonation option:

1.) Within the Solution Explorer, right-click on your data source,

2.) Select 'View Designer' from within the pop-up menu

3.) Click on the 'Impersonation Information' tab

4.) Select the 'Default' option

5.) Click Ok

• Proposed as answer by Alfroy Friday, October 29, 2010 11:41 AM
June 25th, 2007 10:31pm

Hi,

I'm having the same problem trying to deploy a CUBE created on one machine to another machine which has AS 2005. Were you able to find any resolution to yours? Please let me know.

Thanks

Chandra M.

May 23rd, 2008 2:12am

Well Thanksas this way also works for me. Other alternative is to create an alias name of the SQL Server. using cliconfg command on START --> RUN --> cliconfg.

August 19th, 2008 3:08pm

You might have username and pwd for logging into your pc,

In the data sourse window , click impersonation Information,select 'use specific windows usernameand password' and give your username and pwd you entered while logging into your pc.

[instead of 'use the service account' as specified in tutorial].

In the data source window,click general and edit connection string,

if you have given any name to your PCwhile configuring , choose that name from drop down list of 'server name'

otherwise just type localhost.

All the best

• Proposed as answer by Mpumelelo S Tuesday, August 07, 2012 11:32 AM
December 2nd, 2008 11:21pm

Please help me

Coming to SSAS , I am defining a datasource. It asked for windows impersonation information. What do I need to select? I have 4 options

1. Use a specific windows username and password
2. use service account
3. use credentials of the current user
4. inherit

what do i need to select

1. If i select 1 option, whats my username and password.
my system name is shiva-PC

I use this for logging:
administrator user : is shiva
password : shiva

Is that what i need to enter.
or anything else.???

Please explain me clearly as i am not technically sound
I am using windows authentication for connecting to SQL mgmt studio.

Please respond.!!

Sincerely,
shiva
November 26th, 2009 8:12am

chitra007 , that worked... thanks for your help
December 2nd, 2009 7:03pm

hi..

select "Use service account" in ImpersonationMode...

it worked for me....

hope it will work for u....

thank u ...

July 2nd, 2010 2:50pm

Thank You,

it helped!

AS 2005

• Proposed as answer by Sol Alogaga Wednesday, September 22, 2010 9:52 AM
September 9th, 2010 10:16am

Sorry hit the wrong button there. That is not entire solution and setting it to default would work when using a single box and not in a distributed application solution. If you are creating the analysis database manually or using the wizard then you can set the impersonation to your heart content as long as the right permission has been set on the analysis server.

In my case I was using MS Project Server 2010 to create the database in the OLAP configuration section. The situation is that the underlying build script has been configured to use the default setting which is the SQL Service account and this account does not have permission in Project Server I believe.

Changing the account to match the Project service account allowed for a successful build \ creation of the database. My verdict is that this is a bug in Project Server because it needs to include the option to choose impersonation when creating the Database this way it will not use the default which led to my error in the first place. I do not think there is a one fix for all in relations to this problem it is an environment by environment issue and should be resolved as such. But the idea around fixing it is if you are using the SQL Analysis server service account as the account creating the database and cubes then default or service account is fine. If you are using a custom account then set that custom account in the impersonation details after you have granted it SQL analysis administrator role. You can remove that role after the DB is created and harden it by creating a role with administrative permissions.

Hope this helps.

September 22nd, 2010 1:07pm

Muchas gracias...

Tenia el mismo problema de sb001, pero lo solucione con la respuesta de Tulkinghorn.

• Proposed as answer by Vidyasri Monday, March 14, 2011 5:07 AM
  • Unproposed as answer by Vidyasri Monday, March 14, 2011 5:08 AM
October 29th, 2010 2:43pm

I used my Windows login credentials and it worked for me..
March 14th, 2011 8:08am

Thank You!

It worked for me.

CPatil

September 8th, 2011 5:16pm

Hi y'all, it depends of how you configure your SQL Server services. But everything can be resolve from the datasource impersonation. In my case I had to use my domain account, some other cases can be resolved by let the Default option.

But it is important to know how your SQL Server was configured.

September 21st, 2011 11:10pm

dataSourses -> data source designer -> impersonation information -> use a specific windows user ** and I change it to my current username and password and then 

biuld -> deply ** 

did trick for me

February 2nd, 2012 11:00pm

I found that using the Specific Windows User credentials solved the problem in my case.

August 7th, 2012 2:38pm

excellent, this work for me in sql server 2008 r2 (spanish edition) , thanks
July 5th, 2013 7:41pm

Thank You..:)..its working for me..
April 4th, 2014 3:00am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics