Errors in the OLAP storage engine: A duplicate attribute key has been found when processing:
I get this error when trying to process dimension. I see that the error is only due to the value for

Kvær

which seems to be different than english. If I delete only this record then processing goes fine. Why am I getting this error ? Any suggestions ?

August 17th, 2011 6:08pm

What is the key column for this particular Attribute ? Could you verify this key for this particular member is already mapped to some other member. The key column should have a unique value for all the attribute values. Please confirm that.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 17th, 2011 6:57pm

The key column for this attribute is the same column (this is what I see when i look into the property of this particular attribute). This attribute is not unique in the dimension table. Is this what is causing the error ? If so, I will have another confusion. I have a alot of non unique value for this particular attribute, why it is erroring just for this particular value ? If i delete all the records containing this value from the dimension then the processing is smooth with no error.
August 17th, 2011 7:23pm

When the dimension is getting processed , for each attribute a SELECT statement will be issued to the DWH to get the values from the tables pertaining to the attribute. It will be a SELECT DISTINCT only. Even though there are duplicate values , only distinct values will be considered for the attribute members. Hope this answers your question on the attribute not being unique on the Dimension table.

Coming back to your original issue , I am not sure why duplicate key values error is appearing if the same column is used in both name & key. It seems to me the problem is because of some special chareters in the data. Anyways you can check the query getting the data from the DW database from the processing window. Run the query against the database to see what results you get. If you still get some duplicate values in the query result , check for the additional special chars at the end of the data or the collation of the database.

August 18th, 2011 11:27am

Hi Nadir, 

The problem could be because of the casing, there might be some records with capital casing of 'Kvær' or small casing or mixed of caps/small.

If this is the problem then the solution could be:

1) Update all the records of the value to have same casing.

2) Or change the collation to case sensitive. You can find the collation option in dimension properties in dimension editor.

August 18th, 2011 11:43am

Hi Nadirsql

Please use below steps

1- Click on dimension which gives error

2- Then select Dimension Property & Click on dimension and set the ErrorConfiguration as Default.

3- Deploy & Run ....Please see below screeen shot.

August 18th, 2011 12:48pm

My experience of this error was that I had 2 identical text values but one had 1 trailing space, the other had 2 trailing spaces. The source db was dirty. Be sure to use your rtrim and ltrim.
August 13th, 2015 6:39pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics