Errors during VM migration

Hi,

I have an SCVMM 2012 R2 instance (with CU1), and when I perform a VM migration I get a status of Completed w/ Info

In the details pane of the Jobs window I have 9 errors and a warning every time

Error 23801 - No available connection to selected VM Network can be found

Error 23810 - There is no host NIC with required classification

Error 23806 - All available ports on switch extenstion has been used

Error 23808 - All available ports on port profile has been used

Error 23807 - The switch extension has reached maximum supoprted ports on this host

Error 23809 - The port profile has reached maximum support ports on this host

Error 23811 - Ports are not available for VM Subnet

Error 23825 - The virtual machine requires a logical switch connection and the host network adapter is not attached to a logical switch or operating sytem doesn't support logical switch

Error 23753 - The virtual machine or tier load balancer configuration requires an IP pool and there are no appropraite IP pools accessible from the host

Warning 23830 - Unable to find compliant logical switch

Even with all of these warnings the migrated VM works just fine.

In our environment we are using a layer 3 switch with VLANs, so I have a logical network using the 'VLAN-based independent networks' option, with two sites

Each site has an assoicated VLAN ID, and IP subnet

I've created a logical switch (without SR-IOV), using only the Microsoft Windows Filtering platform extension

The uplink on the logical switch is not a team, and has a port profile associated with the host group including all my Hyper-V hosts, and including all sites from the logical network

The virtual port on the logical switch has High bandwidth and medium bandwidth port classifications associated

I have VM Networks created for each of the sites on my logical network

The network configuration on my VM is as follows:

Connected to a VM network, enable VLAN

IP address is greyed out as Static IP (from a static IP pool) - This was configured as Dynamic at creation time as I do not use IP pools

MAC address is dynamic

Virtual switch - using the logical switch mentioned above and High Bandwidth classification

The hosts have a dedicated interface on a trunked network port for VM data. Available for placement is checked, used by management is not (as i have a dedicated interface for that)

It has the logical network mentioned above assigned, and all IP sites are shown with their VLAN IDs

I believe I have everything configured correctly (after all the VM works correctly regardless of which host is running it), but i still see these errors during a VM migration

Has anybody seen this before, or have any pointers to resolving them?

The hosts are Server 2012 R2 Datacenter and the VM is Server 2012 R2 Standard

Thanks,

Phil

• Edited by PhilTu Tuesday, March 04, 2014 2:51 PM typo
February 4th, 2014 12:15pm

I get these errors as well. Essentially the same setup.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 24th, 2014 10:55pm

I am also getting these errors when manually migrating machines between hosts. And indeed, the VM is moved and keeps working.

But when I try to put an host in maintenance, it instantly fails with:

Error (10434)

No suitable host is available for migrating the existing highly available virtual machines.

Not quite the same network setup, but running all Server 2012R2 and VMM2012R2.

In my production environment I do not have these issues, which is running Server 2012 and VMM2012SP1.

Regards,

Ramon

March 18th, 2014 9:56am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics