Errors after recreating a new Data Warehouse Analysis Services database

Hello,

After recreating my Data Warehouse database the Cube jobs fail. The cube errors are below as well as the Event ID's from the SQL server. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cube Error:

SQL Server Errors:

August 20th, 2015 10:11am

Its been a while since I've registered a new DW, but i recall it being finicky. It really prefers FQDN over netbios name. Which did you use? or did you register via IP? The second event looks like permissions but from an application perspective it probably just cant find what its looking for. if you didnt register via FQDN I recommend unregistering and re-register. 
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 20th, 2015 10:31am

I don't know what I did but the 2 event viewer errors above no longer appear. Now the below event appears. So confused right now.

August 20th, 2015 10:33am

Thanks for the info, unfortunately it did not work. I've done some more investigation and found out the issue seems to be in the database itself.

The error in event viewer is OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: Invalid object name 'dbo.DateDim'.; 42S02.)

I tracked that down in the database dims and attempted to process the DIM in SQL Management Studio and this is where it fails. (Screenshot beloiw) It fails in the CalendarDate every time I process the DIM. Sometimes that is the only failure, other times one of the other dimensions also fails.

August 20th, 2015 11:16am

I don't know what I did but the 2 event viewer errors above no longer appear. Now the below event appears. So confused right now.

• Edited by Kinneyorama Thursday, August 20, 2015 2:28 PM
August 20th, 2015 2:28pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics