Error while installing Power BI personal Gateway: Service 'Data Management Gateway Service' (DIAHostService) failed to start.

Hi All,

I was trying to install Power BI personal gateway in my windows 7 laptop. I ran the installation file with admin privilege. But I have got the below error message.

"Service 'Data Management Gateway Service' (DIAHostService) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services."

How can I resolve this issue?

Regards,

Julie

September 10th, 2015 8:56am

Hi Julie,

According to your description, you are experiencing "Service 'Data Management Gateway Service' (DIAHostService) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services." while installing Power BI personal geteway, right?

In your scenario, which account are you using? The issue can be cause by that the NT SERVICE\DIAHostService account is created during the setup. This NT SERVICE\DIAHostService account is created and used as the default service account for the Data Management Gateway service before it is configured to run under a domain account. Here is a blog which describes this issue detail, please refer to the link below to see it.
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/sqlblog/archive/2015/09/02/power-bi-personal-gateway-installation-fails.aspx

Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 10th, 2015 10:38pm

Hi Charlie,

I have gone through the solution which is given in the link but I could not find any user or user groups in Log on as a service policy. So, I have installed it in a remote server. It successfully installed there and I have configured my powerbi.com account also. But, still I'm having the error message when I tried to schedule refresh for power pivot in powerbi.com.   This power pivot has been uploaded from Onedrive. The local folder of onedrive resides in my local system.

Regards,

Julie

September 14th, 2015 1:09am

Hi,

I was able to install the PowerBI gateway in my local system. I have been trying to download the personal gateway from  powerbi site. But after reading the below link I've downloaded from Microsoft site and it is installed in my laptop.

support.powerbi.com/.../497354-data-management-gateway-in-power-bi-for-office-365

the issue has been resolved after installing this.

Reagrds,

Julie

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 15th, 2015 2:45am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics