Error when doing replication using Log Shipping

Dear SQL Server Expert,

We have a production SQL Server that is running Windows Server 2012 with SQL Server 2012 installed. Currently, we have 2 production database that being replicated over to the cloud server by using the log shipping technology. The cloud is also using SQL Server 2012 and this has been setup by previous vendor. The production and Cloud server is connected via IPSEC VPN and the connection is quite stable. Below is the details about the DB:

1. DB A, Size: 1GB

There are 3 jobs being created. Backup, Copy, and Restore. The Backup is performed on the production server. The Copy and Restore jobs will be on the Cloud Server. There is a job that will copy the transaction log into a folder called "Target" and the folder is inside that local production server. Then, the Copy Job on the cloud server that will perform copy from the cloud to pick the transaction log of from the "Target" folder of the local production server and then the Restore Job will restore it to the Cloud Server. The average file size for every transaction log is less than 1MB so it is quite fast. So far, there is no issue with this database on the replication.

2. DB B, Size: 200GB

There are also 3 jobs being created. Backup, Copy, and Restore. The Backup job is performed on the production server. The Copy and Restore jobs will be on the Cloud Server. Because this database transaction log is quite huge and due to the limited bandwidth of the VPN, we are actually perform different scenario here. After the Backup Job is done on the production server, the Copy Job on the cloud will copy the transaction log from the production server first and dump it into the "Target" folder on the cloud. Then only, the Restore Job will pickup the transaction log from that specific "Target" folder on the cloud server and restore it to the database.

for the past 1.5 months everything is working fine for both of the database though sometimes I received the alert when there is Vpn connection issue that might cause the SQL jobs to fail, for instance during copy job. I am not a DB admin here and I don't really know how the log shipping work and also this method had been configured before previous vendor.

These 2 days, I found that the B database has problem of restoring and always fail with error. There is no issue of backup and copy job as when I check on the "Target" folder those transaction log has been copied in order by schedule of 15 Minutes. From the error log, I found the error message of below:

Please help to advise what could be the issue. It is very strange that the restore is working perfectly last two days and now it is stop for so 2 days. there is no issue on the other database and both of these database are located in the same production server.

Thanks.

Regards,

August 25th, 2015 10:47pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics