Error when I try to add Output Column in in Data Conversion
Here is what I get. Is this an install problem or is this how this software works??

===================================

Error at Data Flow Task [Data Conversion [720]]: An output cannot be added to the outputs collection.

(Microsoft Visual Studio)

===================================

Exception from HRESULT: 0xC020800F (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.CManagedComponentWrapperClass.InsertOutput(DTSInsertPlacement eInsertPlacement, Int32 lOutputID)
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.Controls.ComponentMetaDataTreeView.AddOutput()

September 21st, 2006 7:37pm

Whatdid you do tocause the error?

-Jamie

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 21st, 2006 8:15pm

When in a package I added a data flow object then drilled into to add data source etc.

One of the items in the tool bar is Data Conversion. I whent to Advance edit on DataConversion on the last tab there was a button to "Add Output"

The result was the error above
September 21st, 2006 9:32pm

PeterFreeb wrote:
When in a package I added a data flow object then drilled into to add data source etc.

One of the items in the tool bar is Data Conversion. I whent to Advance edit on DataConversion on the last tab there was a button to "Add Output"

The result was the error above

This is completely correct. it is not possible to add an output to the Data Conversion component. It only has one output and that exists as soon as you drag it onto the design surface.

What exactly are you attempting to do?

-Jamie

September 21st, 2006 10:34pm

I have a unicode field in SQL and am trying to go non unicode or VARCHAR2 in Oracle.
September 22nd, 2006 3:24pm

PeterFreeb wrote:
I have a unicode field in SQL and am trying to go non unicode or VARCHAR2 in Oracle.

OK, well you have no need to go anywhere near the Advanced Editor. Just open the component up by double-clicking on it and add your data conversion in the GUI.

-Jamie

September 22nd, 2006 4:29pm

OK thanks I have a more involved question for Jamie or whoever knows...

I need to do an update or insert - I could do this easyly in SQL am not sure how to accomplish this in SSIS.

1. Check if the record is in the destination
2. If true -> Update
3. Else ->Insert

September 22nd, 2006 10:01pm

PeterFreeb wrote:
OK thanks I have a more involved question for Jamie or whoever knows...

I need to do an update or insert - I could do this easyly in SQL am not sure how to accomplish this in SSIS.

1. Check if the record is in the destination
2. If true -> Update
3. Else ->Insert

All documented here Peter:

Checking if a row exists and if it does, has it changed?
(http://blogs.conchango.com/jamiethomson/archive/2006/09/12/SSIS_3A00_-Checking-if-a-row-exists-and-if-it-does_2C00_-has-it-changed.aspx)

-Jamie

September 23rd, 2006 8:45am

In the Recordset Destination => Advance Editor Screen, go to

Component Properties => Custom properties and fill the VariableName with the variable created as "object" data type as shown here:

September 11th, 2015 7:03pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics