Error on Send Pipeline

Hi There,

I am getting the below error, what frustrate me is that the same pipeline most of the time does work and now n then I get there below error, I am thinking maybe there is an issue with the Pipeline or the data from SQL.

There was a failure executing the send pipeline: "Smol.OE.Orders.OEExcelOrders.Pipelines.OEOrderEntryExcel, 
Smol.OE.Orders.OEExcelOrders.Pipelines, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8adaa5e3a7adfb3c" 
Source: "Smol.OE.Orders.OEExcelOrders" 
Send Port: "Send_OrderEntry_To_KeesBeyersChocolates_Audit" 
URI: "C:\Smollan\Archives\%datetime%_%SourceFileName%_%datetime%.xlsx" 
Reason: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Any Ideas?

March 20th, 2015 2:09am

can you please check in what scenario it is working and in what scenario it is failing, and for failure scenario try to debug the component and see where it is exactly failing. until and unless you don't debug your component it is hard to say anything at where it is failing. 

in your code you are somewhere trying to access object or property which is not initialized. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 20th, 2015 2:15am

Object Reference error comes when you are trying to perform any operation like .ToString() etc. but that value is not present or initialized.

The option will be to perform debug operation by Attaching the pipeline code to BTSNTSvc.exe process and see where exactly it's throwing error.

It's definitely a data issue. Try to look for places where you have not applied Null Check, specially where you are trying to read or access something.

March 20th, 2015 11:58am

As the error log says, this error comes from "Smol.OE.Orders.OEExcelOrders.Pipelines". Check the source code for the pipeline component used. For "Object reference not set to an instance of an object", I would not say its a data issue, its a code issue. In your pipeline component code, one of the object is reference before its being initialize. 

Debug the pipeline component code. Trace through the object where this error is thrown, initialize this object before being referenced.

March 20th, 2015 4:34pm

By data issue I meant that for a particular set of data you are getting this issue, where you are attempting to read/access its value but it's not present or null.

But yes I agree to Ashwin that it should be properly handled in code, and that's why i have suggested to check/perform null check wherever possible.

March 20th, 2015 5:40pm

Thanks for all the suggestions guys, I was traveling just got back and I will be trying all the solutions provided.
March 23rd, 2015 2:38am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics