Error on Configure Active Directory Certificate Services on the Destination Server

Hi guys, I'm quite new to active directory and I hope that you can help me out. My primary goal is to set up Certificate Services. I have already installed the role "Active Directory Certificate Services", with Certification Authority Authority Installed. Next step from the guide that I use is to "Configure Active Directory Certificate Services on the Destination Server".

I am using Domain\Administrator account on setting it up, ticked Certification Authority, then set up type, Enterprise CA. As soon as I hit on "Next", I get a pop up that says below:

"CcertSrvSetup: SetDatabaseInformation: The system cannot find the pat specified: 0x80070003(Win32: 3 error_path_not_found)

I have searched everywhere but cannot seem to find an exact issue as I am having. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. 

Edit: We are using Windows Server 2012 R2
August 28th, 2015 5:31pm

some things to check

Using Adsiedit, look at the permissions on the templates under cn=public key services,cn=services,cn=configuration,dc=< Forest Root Domain>. The Enterprise Administrators group should have had Full Control on all of the certificate templates.

Note: By default only the Enterprise Admins and the Domain Admins groups in the Forest Root Domain have enough permission to install and configure an Enterprise Certification Authority.

Is the server part of the Cert Publishers group and the Pre-Windows 2000 Compatible Access group?

Enterprise CAs must be joined to the domain. Before you install the Enterprise Root CA, you must first join the server to the domain. Then you can install the Certification Authority role service on the server.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 28th, 2015 6:40pm

Hi, I launched Adsiedit using MMC, and connected to my domain. But I do not see these. cn=public key services,cn=services,cn=configuration. These are missing. Is there something I missed? 

Edit: Found out how to do it. Checking right now. Thank you for your reply. 

August 28th, 2015 6:56pm

Thank you Jedi and amartinez. I've been looking everywhere else and the problem is just our security software. :) We have File Integrity Monitor configured for System32 folder, I think that was the problem. I turned it off and CA services installed! :) 

Have a great weekend guys and thank you for all you help. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 29th, 2015 10:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics