Error number: 0x80071B6E Windows Update on Server 2003 R2
I have just setup a HP Pavillion 6730t PC as a server to test out some thin clients from NComputing. I initially tried other operating systems including 2008 but the software from NComputing is a little behind the times and they are not ready for the new 2008 range. I therefore installed Server 2003 R2 Enterprise and upgraded to service pack 2. However, every time I try and go to update with either Microsoft or Windows Update, I get Error number: 0x80071B6E. I have searched all over and find people asking the question on various forums but no solutions to get the updates to work. The server desperately needs to download security updates etc. Can anyone help?
January 14th, 2011 1:55pm

Hi, Is this server in a domain? Please first run services.msc and make sure the following services are started and set to Automatic: Automatic Updates BITS Event log Then, register the Windows Update files: 1. Click Start and choose Run 2. In the Run box, type regsvr32 cdm.dll > Click OK regsvr32 iuengine.dll > Click OK regsvr32 wuapi.dll > Click OK regsvr32 wuaueng.dll > Click OK regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll > Click OK regsvr32 wucltui.dll > Click OK regsvr32 wups.dll > Click OK regsvr32 wups2.dll > Click OK regsvr32 wuweb.dll > Click OK regsvr32 jscript.dll > Click OK After that, if the problem continues, please refer to the following article to test in Clean boot mode. Disable all the 3rd party services from MSConfig including antivirus program. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353 Hope this helps. Regards, Bruce This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
January 17th, 2011 7:58am

Hi, Have you tried the suggestions? If there is any update about this issue, please let us know. Have a nice day! This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
January 20th, 2011 1:29am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics