Error no 57 and Error no 50 coming in 2003 virtual Machine file Server

Hi All,

I am getting regular warning message on my file server. this is virtual file server having os windows 2003 enterprise edition with SP2.

Error No:- 50

{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

Error No:- 57

The description for Event ID ( 57 ) in Source ( OFMLvDrv ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: .

could any one tell me what would be impact of these warning on file server and what would be action required

I will appreciate if any one revert early.

March 2nd, 2014 2:35am

Hi Triyambak,

Generally "Delayed Write Failed" is a hard disk related issue.

As it is a virtual machine, please first test to disable write caching. To do this, go to Device Manager, right click on the hard disk and choose Properties. In Policies tab, uncheck the box "Enable write caching on the disk" to see the result. 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 3rd, 2014 4:25am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics