Error message while accessing the Attribute Editor tab of a Managed Service Account...

Hi all;

When I want to view the attributes of a Managed Service Accounts by using Attributes Tab, the following error message appears:

Any ideas?

Thanks

November 14th, 2013 6:59pm

not seen or played with managed service accounts much so will be interesting to see what others thing.....

have you tried viewing the attires from powershell - get-admanagedserviceaccount ? not sure what / if this will give you anything.

How did you connect in with ADSI? 

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
November 14th, 2013 9:09pm

Hi,

Could you view the attributes for other object?

Did you check this KB article?

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2526455

Meanwhile, hope this helps:

Managed Service Accounts: Understanding, Implementing, Best Practices, and Troubleshooting

http://blogs.technet.com/b/askds/archive/2009/09/10/managed-service-accounts-understanding-implementing-best-practices-and-troubleshooting.aspx

Regards.

If you have any feedback on our support, please click here

November 18th, 2013 7:16am

Are you able to you check the attributes from ADSIEDIT. ??
November 18th, 2013 11:52am

Are you able to you check the attributes from A
November 18th, 2013 6:34pm

Very interesting. Do you have more than one DC? If so can you in ADUC connect to a different DC than the one you're currently connect do and see if you can reproduce the issue? 
November 18th, 2013 6:44pm

No, just one dc with Windows Server 2012 Standard installed. I have also install all of the URs to date.

Thanks

November 18th, 2013 6:59pm

Is there any errors logged in the "Directory Service" log?
November 18th, 2013 7:06pm

Is there any errors logged in the "Directory Service&
November 18th, 2013 7:30pm

I think this is by design, you need to allow the DC it self to retrieve the password if you want to read it from the DC:
-PrincipalsAllowedToRetrieveManagedPassword <group> -ServicePrincipalNames <SPN1,SPN2,>

For more information see:
http://blogs.technet.com/b/askpfeplat/archive/2012/12/17/windows-server-2012-group-managed-service-accounts.aspx

November 18th, 2013 8:21pm

Hi,

Any update?

Please feel free to let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

November 22nd, 2013 2:14am

I am having this very same issue when using ADUC or the newer ADAC, was there any resolution to this.?

When I created the gMSA I used the option -PrincipalsAllowedToRetrieveManagedPassword to specify a group, and in that group I have added machine accounts that I want to be able to use the gMSA. Domain Controller computer accounts are in this group, but whenever I go to Attribute Editor in ADUC or ADAC I get the error. Interestingly I can Install and Uninstall the gMSA on the Domain Controller just fine.

May 13th, 2015 4:42am

Hi,

Please post a new thread about the issue. Since the original thread is for years.

Regards.

May 13th, 2015 9:26pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics