Error message opening TS Apps on RDWeb
I am sometimes getting an error when trying to open an app on my webpage. I have 2 servers that are in DNS with their correct IP's. The farm name also has 2 entries in DNS pointing to each TS Server. Have I done something wrong ?

Error is 'The connection cannot be completed because the remote computer that was reached is not the one you specified. This could be caused by an outdated entry in the DNS cache. Try using the IP address of the computer instead of the name.'
September 24th, 2009 9:18am

Anyone ??

I was thinking of cloning my working TS server and then new SID the new box and see if that works if I replace the box where I'm getting the DNS errors.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 25th, 2009 7:29am

I have the same error when I renamePC A toPC B and PC B to PC A in the domain. I'm looking for script to force DNS refresh the cache with no success. Do you have access to your DNS?
September 29th, 2009 9:19pm

I am having the same problem.  Did ou ever find a solution to this error?
October 16th, 2009 7:28am

I deleted all the DNS entries related to my farm and inputted them again from scratch and then the whole thing started working again.
October 19th, 2009 10:45am

Quick note for others finding this via web search, I had the same thing happen to me and it turned out one of my domain controllers' time had skewed to beyond the domains tolerance.  Once the time was set properly this problem cleared up.
  • Proposed as answer by PLC_IT Thursday, January 06, 2011 9:58 PM
December 29th, 2009 2:04pm

In our case it was a terminal server. When I logged in localy on the machine I gave the following command in cmd: ipconfig /registerdns. I reregisterd itself and started working again.
  • Proposed as answer by René Heijnen Tuesday, July 12, 2011 2:03 PM
July 12th, 2011 1:57pm

The machine time of the remote machine was also my issue. It was off by several minutes. Synching the time with the NTP server fixed the problem. Now on to the issue as to why the time was off.

September 15th, 2011 2:48am

Had the same issue with the time being more than 30 mins off- fixed it and problem solved.
April 18th, 2015 3:24pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics