Error in update SP2 for Windows 2008
Hi,I've tried to install SP2 for several times now but it keeps on failing.It installs until it reaches 100% after thats the installer rolls back the update.after that Windows reboots, and when i try to log in it gives me the error "Unable to start license serverservice" then it takes me back to the login screen.The fix is to start windows with last good known configuration.When i check the event viewer for error i see the following errors: (during the whole update process)Event 8202, Security-Licensing-SLCSL Token Store 'ReadTokenData' failed with error hr=0x80004005Event 1003, Security-Licensing-SLCThe Software Licensing service has completed licensing status check.Application Id=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059fLicensing Status=Event 1029, Security-Licensing-SLCUnable to get detailed error information during license consumption. Last error hr=0xC004E002.Event 1005, Security-Licensing-SLCThe result of Windows Right consumption is: hr=0xC004E002Can someone help me out ?Thanks in advance,
June 8th, 2009 10:49am

Hi, As this issue is related to SP2 installation, youd better discuss it in our Windows Vista Service Packs/Windows Server 2008 Service Packs forum. They are the best resource to troubleshoot service pack related issues. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/itprovistasp/threads/ From my point of view, this issue seems to be related to permissions. Please check the permission of the following folder to ensure that slsvc has enough permission. If not, please grant Users with the Full Control permission. If the issue persists, you may use the icacls command to set these permissions: Type the following command lines from an elevated Command Prompt: icacls %windir%\serviceprofiles\networkservice\appdata\roaming\microsoft\softwarelicensing\ /grant BUILTIN\Administrators:(OI)(CI)(F) icacls %windir%\serviceprofiles\networkservice\appdata\roaming\microsoft\softwarelicensing\ /grant NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM:(OI)(CI)(F) icacls %windir%\serviceprofiles\networkservice\appdata\roaming\microsoft\softwarelicensing\ /grant NT Service\slsvc:(OI)(CI)(R,W,D) Hope it helps. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 8th, 2009 2:02pm

okay i've set the rights, i'll let you know if it did the trick.Thanks
June 8th, 2009 3:07pm

Yeah that did the trick thanks alot !
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 8th, 2009 3:54pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics