Error in deploying ispac files in SSISDB in Silent mode

I am trying to deploy an ispac file in SSISDB and it is throwing the below error.

Please be aware that this is being taken place in Server. If i manually log in to server and run this using CMD , it successfully deploys the file. But upon using a tool, it throws an error.

ISDeploymentWizard /S:+ /ST:File /SP:"C:\TFS\RDMS\CA SQL\RELEASE\DEVPERF2014WW20\2014WW20\PERFORMANCE\Test.ispac" /DS:"<<destination server name>>" /DP:"/SSISDB/EDW_Inbound_test/Test/" 

Any help will be appreciated.

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. 
  Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notifi cation from a service application. 
     at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)    at Microsoft.NetEnterpriseServers.ExceptionMessageBox.Show(IWin32Window
 owner)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Wizard.Common.WizardMessageBox.Show(IWin32Window owner, Exception error, 
 String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, String helpLink)   
  at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Wizard.Common.WizardMessageBox.Show(IWin32Window owner, Exception error, String caption,
   MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton)    
at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Wizard.Common.WizardMessageBox.Show(Exception error)   
at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Deployment.Program.Main(String[] args) 

• Edited by Ayush Raj Wednesday, March 19, 2014 8:34 AM
March 19th, 2014 8:31am

Well what I see - the manifest has a GUI, thus it conflicts with the silent setting. You simply cannot combine contradicting setti

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
March 19th, 2014 3:53pm

Hi Ayush,

Where did you run the ISDeploymentWizard command line? I am unable to reproduce the issue in my test environment. You can create an Operating system (CmdExec) type SQL Server Agent job step to run the command line, or copy the command line to a batch file and run the batch file by using Windows Task Scheduler.

Regards,

March 25th, 2014 2:33pm

What is the way to solve this ? Because I am not getting any GUI when I am running the cmd in cmd prompt.
March 26th, 2014 8:27am

Hi Mike,

I had run the ISDeploymentWizard in the cmd prompt of the server having the ispac file. It does not show up with any dialog boxes there and is successfully deployed there. The error pops up when another account/person(having access to SSISDB) tries to deploy it.

Regards,

Ayush

March 26th, 2014 8:42am

I have exactly the same problem, running IsDeploymentWizard silently from the command line when deploying from another account. In my case it is Octopus Deploy trying to run a powershell script that deploys the ispac-file. The script runs perfectly on the server having the ispac-file when I log in remote, but shows this behaviour when it is run from Octopus.

Regards,

sa

April 2nd, 2014 6:33am

Can someone help on this please.
April 2nd, 2014 2:52pm

Message "Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation"

means the silent mode is not supported.

April 2nd, 2014 3:55pm

Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I am getting the same error. My command is written to a batch file which is executed by a home-grown tool that works very similar to Octopus.

I am getting the exact same error.

July 31st, 2014 6:41pm

Hi Nolarond,

I am also still struggling with this error :( !!! Let me know if you come across any solution.'

Anyone from MSFT, who can help us. Lot of us are facing this issue. Is it a bugg?

Thanks 

Ayush

• Edited by Ayush Raj Tuesday, August 19, 2014 5:02 PM
August 19th, 2014 3:28pm

People struggling on this, may try the T-SQL Deployment model.

It worked for me without errors.

use SSISDB
DECLARE @ProjectBinary as varbinary(max)
DECLARE @operation_id as bigint
Set @ProjectBinary = 
(SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET(BULK 'Path to ispac file', SINGLE_BLOB) as BinaryData)

Exec catalog.deploy_project @folder_name = 'Test', 
@project_name = 'Test_Ext',
@Project_Stream = @ProjectBinary, @operation_id = @operation_id out

Thanks,

Ayush

May 25th, 2015 2:24am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics