Error in deploying ispac file

Can someone help me with the below error please :

I am using a batch file to execute the cmd line which deploys the package. It is showing me the below error:

Unhandled Exception: System.InvalidOperationException: Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation. Specify the ServiceNotification or DefaultDesktopOnly style to display a notifi cation from a service application.    at System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog(IWin32Window owner)    at Microsoft.NetEnterpriseServers.ExceptionMessageBox.Show(IWin32Window owner)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Wizard.Common.WizardMessageBox.Show(IWin32Window owner, Exception error, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton, String helpLink)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Wizard.Common.WizardMessageBox.Show(IWin32Window owner, Exception error, String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, MessageBoxDefaultButton defaultButton)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Wizard.Common.WizardMessageBox.Show(Exception error)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.Deployment.Program.Main(String[] args) 

July 22nd, 2014 6:26pm

ispac file helps to deploy the SSIS project to IS catalog in SSDT 2012. Were you not able to deploy the package to catalog ?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2014 7:31pm

I am able to deploy the packages successfully when using command line. But from batch file, it is showing me this error. I did cross check and none of the packages is having message box to display. Still not able to figure out as to why this error is coming up.
July 23rd, 2014 8:07am

When you try to execute it from command line did it ask for any interactive inputs?
July 23rd, 2014 8:17am

Following is the error I am getting: How can i fix this ? I am passing the sensitive data as a parameter during the runtime.

TITLE: SQL Server Integration Services
------------------------------

Warning: Failed to decrypt an encrypted XML node. Verify that the project was created by the same user. Project load will attempt to continue without the encrypted information.

Warning: Failed to decrypt sensitive data in project with a user key. You may not be the user who encrypted this project, or you are not using the same machine that was used to save the project. If the sensitive data is a parameter value, the value may be required to run the package on the Integration Services server.

BUTTONS:

OK

• Edited by Ayush Raj Friday, July 25, 2014 3:54 PM
July 25th, 2014 3:47pm

Looks like the protection level used is EncryptSensitiveByUserKey. Under this setting only created user will be able to decrypt and access sensitive properties. 

Can you show how you're sending parameter value?

July 25th, 2014 4:03pm

I did change the Protection type to : "Dont Save sensitive". - It did not help.

Explanation A:

I am using the connection Mgr to connect to Datawarehouse and in the property expression editor for that Conn Mgr, i am setting the password, username and servername to the required value from a different package in the same project. 

Explanation B:

Package A has the script task which sets the username, password and servername. It is then passed to another package B as a parameter to it. The Connection Mgr of package B is set to the required value of username,password and servername using the parameter vale in the "PROPERTY EXPRESSION EDITOR" of Connc Mgr. Let me know if this explains.

• Edited by Ayush Raj Friday, July 25, 2014 4:45 PM
July 25th, 2014 4:40pm

Ayush Raj,

"Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation."  generally means that silent mode isn't supported.  Are you running this on the server itself? If so, try running the script remotely. 

July 27th, 2014 3:17am

Hi Ayush Ray,

Where did you run the package? Was it from an ASP.Net application or non-UserInteractive envioronment(e.g. logon script)?

By design, the Deployment will check the following items:
Product Edition
IsDeploymentWizard's Arguments
If it is in silent mode, check project is loaded internally and its path is valid

When any of the condition check is fail, or there has unexpected error happened, a Message box will be shown by calling System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog.
System.Windows.Forms.Form.ShowDialog is not available in non-UserInteractive mode.

So, in this case, please firstly ensure you are able to deploy the package running the command manually.

Thanks,
Jinchun Chen

July 28th, 2014 11:02am

And per my testing, the missing of sensitive paramaters won't cause the error(mentioned in original post) to be displayed during deployment.

Please recheck the parameter you were using in the batch file.

July 28th, 2014 12:03pm

Thanks Jinchun for the explanation. I am getting clueless about the error.

As explained earlier in one of the reply, I have Parent package which sets the username, password and server name and passes it to child package. 

If i delete the child package and build the ISPAC file and deploy, it deploys successfully. But if i create the Ispac file with the child package, the deployment fails.

The parameter is passed to Connection Manager of type : MSTERA. It is actually Teradata connector for SSIS by Attunity. Also, I am using the option of "Dont Save Sensitive" in the properties of the connc mgr.

Any help to solve this issue.. I have been breaking my head for many days and months .. :( no results yet !! 

July 28th, 2014 4:00pm

Hi Ayush,

I tried to reproduce the issue as you mentioned. However, it works as expected.

Could you please help to provide a more detailed steps to reproduce the issue? Or, if possible, could you please share a sampe project?

Thanks,
Jinchun Chen

July 29th, 2014 9:25am

Hi Jinchun,

I have a sample project ready for test. But i am not sure how can i share it with you. Can you please let me know on this? I don't see an option to add an attachment. I thought may be i can zip the files, but no option. Please help.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Ayush.

August 20th, 2014 2:58pm

Hi Jinchun,

I have a sample project ready for test. But i am not sure how can i share it with you. Can you please let me know on this? I don't see an option to add an attachment. I thought may be i can zip the files, but no option. Please help.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Ayush.

Put it in a google drive/ one drive and share the link
August 20th, 2014 3:02pm

Hi Ayush,

You can share me that via email sqltnsp AT microsoft.com(Please replace AT with @). Once I got it, I wil try to debug it, and check what happens.

Thanks,
Jinchun Chen

August 20th, 2014 3:54pm

Hi Visakh,

Can you tell me how do i verify my account? It is not allowing me to insert Hyperlinks to Google drive or Images.

Upon verification, i can post the link to google drive from where you can pick up the file.

Hi Junchun,

I have emailed you the sample project.Please check.

Thanks,

Ayush

August 21st, 2014 1:48pm

Hi Ayush,

I can reproduce the error "Failed to decrypt an encrypted XML node".

It is because the Password parameter in child package is stored as sensitive, and encrypted with user key. When we move the project to another machine or deploy it by other user than the developer, we will get the issue.

To solve it, we can change the ProtectionLevel for child package to EncryptSensitiveWithPassword. During the deployment, please provide the password.

And, I am still unable to reproduce the error " Showing a modal dialog box or form when the application is not running in UserInteractive mode is not a valid operation".

Thanks,
Jinchun Chen

August 22nd, 2014 7:32am

Hi Jinchun,

Have you tried with changing the protection level of the package? I had tried also that "DONT SAVE SENSITIVE" but still was getting the error.

Also, what is the userkey/"During the deployment, please provide the password." ? which password??

I have not provided password anywhere for packages.

Thanks

Ayush

August 22nd, 2014 8:26am

Hi Ayush,

When set to "DONT SAVE SENSITIVE", I can deploy the package successfully.

Thanks,
Jinchun Chen

August 22nd, 2014 8:44am

Could you please send me the package that has protectionlevel as "DONT SAVE SENSITIVE"?
August 22nd, 2014 8:45am

Have mailed the packages.Please check.

August 22nd, 2014 8:49am

People struggling on this, may try the T-SQL Deployment model.

It worked for me without errors.

use SSISDB
DECLARE @ProjectBinary as varbinary(max)
DECLARE @operation_id as bigint
Set @ProjectBinary = 
(SELECT * FROM OPENROWSET(BULK 'Path to ispac file', SINGLE_BLOB) as BinaryData)

Exec catalog.deploy_project @folder_name = 'Test', 
@project_name = 'Test_Ext',
@Project_Stream = @ProjectBinary, @operation_id = @operation_id out

Thanks,

Ayush

May 25th, 2015 2:16am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics