Error in Server Manager regarding windows cluster

Hi All,

I am seeing the following error message in server manager for windows cluster:

Configuration refresh failed with the following error: The metadata failed to be retrieved from the server, due to the following error: WinRM cannot process the request. The following error with errorcode 0x80090322 occurred while using Kerberos authentication: An unknown security error occurred.

Possible Causes are:

-The user name and password specified are invalid.

Windows 2012 R2 Cluster

SQL 2014 RTM

AD windows 2003

SQL Instance installation failed while trying to bring the service online. Error Code: 0x80071736

Error:

Cluster network name resource 'Cluster Name' failed registration of one or more associated DNS name(s) for the following reason:
The handle is invalid.

Ensure that the network adapters associated with dependent IP address resources are configured with at least one accessible DNS server.

I made sure there is no communication issues on the network and dns is accessible.

Also all the proper permissions exists in AD for CNO to register the network names.

Any help on this appreciated.

Thank You,

Kranp.

February 25th, 2015 11:26am

Is your AD in Windows Server 2003 forest functional level? You might need to install hotfix 2838043 on your cluster nodes
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 25th, 2015 2:12pm

I tried the download hotfix link, it says "

Sorry, the page you requested is not available."

I am using the RTM SQL server 2014, Is there any other download link?

Thank You,

kranp

February 25th, 2015 2:35pm

Also I see the hotfix applies to windows server 2012, however I am running windows server 2012 R2 cluster?

Regards,

Kranp

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 25th, 2015 2:41pm

Hi Kranp,

As the issue is more related to Windows Server high availability , I recommend you post the question in the  Windows Server High Availability (Clustering)  forum. It is appropriate and more experts will assist you.

Besides, regarding to error The metadata failed to be retrieved from the server, due to the following error: WinRM cannot process the request, please check the solutions in the following articles.

Windows Server Manager Kerberos error 0x80090322

Windows Server 2012 - Server Manager Troubleshooting Guide, Part II: Troubleshoot Manageability Status Errors in Server Manager

Regarding to error Cluster network name resource 'Cluster Name' failed registration of one or more associated, please check the solutions in the following articles.

Microsoft Failover Cluster event 1196, standard fixes do not work

WS2012 Cluster network / DNS issues

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

February 26th, 2015 1:43am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics