Error in Microsoft.SQLServer.Dts.Runtime.Ta skHost : To run a SSIS package outside of SQL Server Data Tools you must install check if source file exists of Integration Services or higher

"Error in Microsoft.SQLServer.Dts.Runtime.TaskHost : To run a SSIS package outside of SQL Server Data Tools you must install check if source file exists of Integration Services or higher"

I'm getting this error while running an SSIS dtsx package using a console app in c#.

My SSIS package is built using SQL Data Tools 2012, contains script task (framekwork 4.5), the console app is built using 2012 &  framework 4.5.

The package has many variables; I didn't explicitly add those in console app code; as they are there in dtsx file itself.

The package consumes a csv file and writes record to SQL 2008 R2 database and creates an entry in MS CRM.

July 22nd, 2015 12:38pm

Is the SSIS component (service) installed in the machine where you run the app? If not try installing the SSIS component and then executing

Also the version of the SSIS component installed should be same as or greater than version used to create the package in this cas

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 22nd, 2015 12:45pm

Yes; the SSIS component(service) is installed in the machine. I've created one small - simple package and executed using the console app. It worked fine.
July 22nd, 2015 12:48pm

SSIS Component Installed : 2012

Package Developed Using : 2012

Console app developed using : 2012

Console app using the reference from :

C:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\SDK\Assemblies\Microsoft.SQLServer.ManagedDTS.dll

the tiny sample package, I've developed, as per the above criteria works fine.

But the original / required package is getting failed.

Got the error message using simple event listener from running package ...

myPackage.Execute(null, null, _listener, null, null).

July 22nd, 2015 12:55pm

Hi Niloy_Gourh,

I am trying to involve someone more familiar with this topic for a further look at this issue. Sometime delay might be expected from the job transferring. Your patience is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your understanding and support.

Regards,
Katherine Xiong

July 24th, 2015 9:09am

Hi Niloy,

If you run the package from SQL Server Data tools, can this package finish successfully?

Could you please enable the SSIS logging for all tasks and all events and share us with ssis logging?

Regards,

Doris Ji

July 27th, 2015 2:31am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics