Error found in running scwcmd.exe register in Windows 2008 server
Hi ALL,I'd installed Windows 2008 server standard Full. I'd like to add the SCCM role in SCW according to the white paper discussed below: Run the Security Configuration Wizard on all site systemsThe Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) helps you create a security policy that you can apply to any server on your network. After installing the Configuration Manager 2007 template, SCW recognizes Configuration Manager 2007 server roles, services, ports, and applications and permits necessary traffic while blocking communications determined to be unnecessary. I downloaded theWindows Server 2008 Security Configuration Wizard and SC Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 1 fromhttp://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=8a08a66b-ea5b-423f-9c5d-04205f5a25ef&displaylang=en&tmand install on the windows 2008 server. Then I followed the instruction as follows:scwcmd register /kbname:SCCM /kbfile:c:\windows\security\msscw\kbs\sccm07lh.xmland got the errorsCommand completed with error.The parameter is incorrect.Please check log file(s) under the following directory:%windir%\security\msscw\LogsThe content of the log file named scwcmdLog.xml is shown below:<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../TransformFiles/View/LogView.xslt"?><Log><LogEntry Time="12/16/2008 4:17:55 PM" originalAttribute="href" originalPath="../TransformFiles/View/LogView.xslt"?><Log><LogEntry Time="12/16/2008 4:17:55 PM" HRESULT="0x80070057" Level="Error" Message="Failed to load XML file: c:\windows\security\msscw\kbs\sccm07h.xml" SystemErrorMessage="The parameter is incorrect.&#xA;"/><LogEntry Time="12/16/2008 4:17:55 PM" HRESULT="0x80070057" Level="Error" Message="Failed to perform registration" SystemErrorMessage="The parameter is incorrect.&#xA;"/></Log>Do anyoneadd roles successfully in SCW in Windows 2008?TIAM C
December 16th, 2008 12:07pm

Hi, As this issue is related to System Center Configuration Manager 2007, I suggest discussing it in our System Center Configuration Manager forum. http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/configmgrgeneral/threads/ I hope your issue can be resolved soon. Tim Quan - MSFT
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 17th, 2008 6:37am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics