Error during Dimension Processing

Hi All,

I am getting the following error when I process the cube.

Errors in the OLAP storage engine: An error occurred while the dimension, with the ID of 'Accounting Currency', Name of 'Accounting Currency' was being processed.

Similarly there are same error with other dimensions. In dimension and cube design there are no underlines or other messages

Any idea why these errors are coming?

Regards,

MH

July 3rd, 2013 10:05am

Is the error occurring after a recent software or OS update or a change? I am asking because on the surface it indicates corruption.

You may want to process the Cube manually [preferably from another machine] and see if that succeeds which would rule out the possibility of SSIS or SSAS corruptions.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 11:52am

Hi Arthur,

THanks for your reply, no there is no update or change on the server. If i run the query in query analyzer it is working, but when the same query is being processed in a cube it is generating this error.

OLE DB errorOLE DB or ODBC errorOperation canceledHY008

July 3rd, 2013 12:01pm

Hi MH,

amount of data has increased perhaps to a point it throws a timeout trying to process.

Or there would be other things. You need to go thru a long MSDN blog article to check what applies to your case

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/jason_howell/archive/2012/06/11/analysis-services-cube-processing-fails-with-error-quot-ole-db-error-ole-db-or-odbc-error-operation-canceled-hy008-quot.aspx

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 3rd, 2013 1:17pm

THanks Arthur, I will have a look and update on this thread later.
July 4th, 2013 4:53am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics