Error deploying VM from template: Error (2912) NO_PARAM: NO_PARAM.

Error (2912)
An internal error has occurred trying to contact an agent on the FRAAVBVIRT02.VCORE.AVANADE.LOC server: NO_PARAM: NO_PARAM.
Unknown error (0x80072f0d)

Recommended Action
Ensure the agent is installed and running. Ensure the WS-Management service is installed and running, then restart the agent.

This happens for more then one template. The host was restarted before the deployment attempt. The service is running. Any ideas?

Alex

December 8th, 2011 8:16pm

Looks like you have a certificate issue. At what point in the jobs view (subtask) does this fail? At Deploy File via BITS?
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 9th, 2011 12:32am

No, it fails at step 1.5 Install VM components.

It is a Windows 2008 R2 SP1 Image. The template should join it to a domain. If i ignore the error and start the VM it starts up normaly and runs the normal wizard after you do a sysprep.

Alex

December 9th, 2011 8:28am

are you using vmm 2008 r2 or vmm 2012?

do you have more than one host? if so, can you reproduce the error on another host? I`ve seen this error related to firewalls and also when the VMM server does not have the same port configured for BITS as the others servers managed by VMM.

Check with the netstat -a -b command to see that there are is no port conflict.

December 9th, 2011 8:44pm

Hi,

I'm using 2012. It's a 2008 R2 SP1 cluster. It's happening for both nodes. There are no firewalls. VMM is running in a VM on the cluster. There was no special bits configuration. But is will check with netsat.

Alex

December 12th, 2011 7:23am

Any update on this situation, since i'm experiencing the same error? Even destroyed my Hyper-V cluster to see if I could add the two nodes seperately, but still an error 2912 NO_Param: No_Param Cannot perform this operation on built-in accounts

Bert

February 23rd, 2012 10:49am

I reinstalled SCVMM 2012 completely and built the template from scratch (with the existing vhd). That worked.

Alex

February 23rd, 2012 12:04pm

Ok, I resolved error 2912 through deinstalling SCVMM2012 with Database retainment....

I then created a service account and used that during the new installation, using the "old" database.... Agents deployed like a charm and all hosts are active in SCVMM2012.

February 23rd, 2012 8:45pm

Check this link for workaround

http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/rdixon/archive/2009/01/30/resolution-workaround-to-error-2912-no-more-thread-can-be-create-in-the-system-0x800700a4-in-scvmm.aspx

April 4th, 2012 1:22pm

http://myitforum.com/cs2/blogs/rdixon/archive/2009/01/30/resolution-workaround-to-error-2912-no-more-thread-can-be-create-in-the-system-0x800700a4-in-scvmm.aspx

Hi,

I had this error in the following steps:

• 1.1 Sysprep virtual machine

This issue occurs because the Sysprep binaries (Sysprep.exe and Setupcl.exe) are not included in System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manger. To create a template, the Sysprep binaries must be copied to the appropriate directory under C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Virtual Machine Manager\Sysprep on the VMM server.

I added the missing Sysprep binaries from VMM last version to resolve this.

• 1.5 Install VM components

This issue occurs when you have installed System Center 2012 - App Controller. To resolve it, I uninstalled the application. SP1 may solve this problem.

I hope it's useful for you.

• Proposed as answer by juapepa Friday, February 08, 2013 11:28 AM
September 24th, 2012 4:07pm

Hi,

This issue occurs because the Sysprep binaries (Sysprep.exe and Setupcl.exe) are not included in System Center 2012 Virtual Machine Manger. To create a template, the Sysprep binaries must be copied to the appropriate directory under C:\Program Files\Microsoft System Center 2012\Virtual Machine Manager\Sysprep on the VMM server.

This issue occurs when you have installed System Center 2012 - App Controller. To resolve it, I uninstalled the application. SP1 may solve this problem.

Hi,

I had same issue after upgrading to 2012 R2 Rollup update 2. I wasn't able to deploy any VMs from templates. Narrowed it down to out of sync certificates on the VMM Server. Ran the following command on the management server. $credential = get-credential (enter credentials for an account that is administrator in/on VMM server) Get-VMMManagedComputer | Register-SCVMMManagedComputer -Credential $credential This re associated all hosts with the VMM server and re synced the cents. The jobs started working immediately. Hope this help others in similar situation.
  • Proposed as answer by CNenad Monday, September 08, 2014 11:32 AM
July 23rd, 2014 6:07am

I had same issue after upgrading to 2012 R2 Rollup update 2. I wasn't able to deploy any VMs from templates. Narrowed it down to out of sync certificates on the VMM Server. Ran the following command on the management server. $credential = get-credential (enter credentials for an account that is administrator in/on VMM server) Get-VMMManagedComputer | Register-SCVMMManagedComputer -Credential $credential This re associated all hosts with the VMM server and re synced the cents. The jobs started working immediately. Hope this help others in similar situation.

Thank you Sayani, your solution worked for me after restoring sc vmm database. All deploy jobs from template failing into step "install vm components" on 2012 R2 UR#3

Best regards, KUGW

September 8th, 2014 11:34am

This fixed it for me too. Not sure why the ones above that simply ask you to restart a service is marked as answer. Sayani's is the real resolution.
March 9th, 2015 1:23am

Thanks Sayani,

I get the problem after upgrade to UR5 and the "Get-VMMManagedComputer | Register-SCVMMManagedComputer -Credential $credential" solve the problem.

Cdric.

April 15th, 2015 10:07am

Sorry to dredge this up, but Juepepa's reply got me here because his problem is the same one I had. 

If you have an existing VMM server and then install App Controller to it, things will cease to work. You will just get a cryptic 2912 errors with NO_PARAM: NO_PARAM and unknown error.
This mostly shows because you can't deploy templates and if you try and join a new host to the VMM server, it will fail.

There is a hint in the error though:
http://schemas.microsoft.com/wbem/wsman/1/wmi/root/microsoft/bits/BitsClientJob
It is a BITS error. BITS runs on port 443 for VMM by default.
If you install App Controller, it puts a website for management slap bang onto port 443. This breaks BITS and that breaks your transfers and jobs.

The fix:
Go through all Library servers, Hyper-V Hosts and the VMM Server and change the VMM BITS port to something else like 8500 using regedit.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Server\Settings and the key is BITSTcpPort.
For library servers and Hosts go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager Agent\Settings and the same key.
Then you can restart the VMM service or reboot the VMM server and hosts depending on how much you need the uptime.
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/18465.vmm-2012-change-bits-port-used-for-template-provisioning-bits-over-https.aspx

Any future Hosts provisioned through VMM will use the new port by default.

April 22nd, 2015 12:44am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics