Error creating table in Visual Studio 2015 - SQL Server LocalDB

Hi,

I am currently trying to create a project in C++ in Visual Studio 2015 community.  I have created a localDB instance of SQL server, which I am connected too.  However, when I go to create a table, I get the following error message:

"Problem Loading.  The designed encountered an error while loading the table definition".

I have tried searching various forums to see if anyone else has has this problem, but the general solutions have just been to restart Visual Studio, which doesn't work for me.

Could anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Dan

July 25th, 2015 10:29am

Hello,

Could you try to create the table with SQL Server Management Studio? If you dont have it you can download the Express version for free. After that you can continue to do the rest with Visual Studio.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
SQLCoffee.com

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
July 25th, 2015 4:32pm

Hi Dan,

This issue is usually related to an access issue. Please make sure that the user account you are using to access the database has necessary permissions to create tables. It requires CREATE TABLE permission in the database and ALTER permission on the schema in which the table is being created. For more details, please review this article.

In addition, if you have sufficient permission, please disconnect SQL Server LocalDB and use "SQL Server Object Explorer" to reconnect it in Visual Studio, then check if you can create table successfully. For more details, please review this similar thread.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

July 28th, 2015 9:43am

Hi Lydia,

Apologies for the delay in responding, have been on holiday.  Will look into this solution in the next day or two.

Thanks!

Dan

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 11th, 2015 4:12pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics