Error When Creating Maintenance Plan

Hi, recently I upgraded to sql server 2008 R2 from sql 2008, everything went OK and my server is up and running since 10 days.

This evening I wanted to modify a maintenance plan that backs up all DBs which I run on command, I started to get "MSSQL server management Studion is unable to load this document: SSIS object name is invalid. More specific errors would have been raised explaining the exact naming problem".

I tried creating a new one, directly and using the wizard, I get a dialogbox error :

TITLE: Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
------------------------------

Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. (mscorlib)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {AA40D1D6-CAEF-4A56-B9BB-D0D3DC976BA2} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: c001f011. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS)

Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID {AA40D1D6-CAEF-4A56-B9BB-D0D3DC976BA2} from the IClassFactory failed due to the following error: c001f011. (Microsoft.SqlServer.ManagedDTS)

BUTTONS:

OK

June 26th, 2010 9:34pm

This seem be to be of a bug Creating an instance of the COM component with CLSID

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
June 27th, 2010 2:54pm

Thanks Sivaprasad, mais what I can do then?
June 27th, 2010 5:26pm

It turns out that the unregistered COM in dts.dll located in in command line chnge directory to this path C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn run the following from the command line:   REGSVR32.EXE dts.dll disconnect from management studio and reconnect, it shld work now
  • Proposed as answer by Keerthi Deep Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:19 AM
June 28th, 2010 1:20pm

Correct, it fixed the problem, I was able to open my MP modify it

Thanks for the tip

• Marked as answer by eliassal Monday, June 28, 2010 3:22 PM
June 28th, 2010 3:22pm

Thank you Keerthi Deep,

It works for me !!!

December 12th, 2011 5:37am

I know this has been around a while but just thought I should add my findings. I had this same problem for the first time today and following the instructions above didn't cure the problem in my case.

But, running the Regsvr32.exe dts.dll command in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\BINN did resolve the issue despite the dts.dll file being present in both the 32-bit and 64-bit program directories.

Just something to bear in mind.

July 14th, 2012 9:15am

Excellent Answer It's work for me.. Thank you very much Keerthi Deep

June 23rd, 2014 9:22am

Thanks, worked for me
May 25th, 2015 11:06am

Nice, It works :)
May 25th, 2015 9:50pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics