Error Starting Service
We currently run a mixed environment Windows/Linux. The OPS guys are switching the backup software to zmanda. I went ahead and installed the agent (no problems), but I receive the following error when trying to start one of the services: Error 304: Short name settings may not be changed on this volume due to the global registry setting. I am running server 2008 R2 and Exchange 2007 on this box. Anyone have an idea of what this error means and how to change the setting. pd
December 3rd, 2010 5:46pm

Hello, this belongs to the Backup software so please use the support pages from them. http://forums.zmanda.com/index.phpBest regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
December 5th, 2010 7:43am

Hi, As this issue is related to a product which is manufactured by a company independent of Microsoft, please contact its manufacturer for detailed information. Tim Quan TechNet Subscriber Support in forum If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tngfb@microsoft.com ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
December 6th, 2010 4:41am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics