Error Redirection in SSIS 2012 not working with excel source

Hi I am working with ssis 2012 and trying to do error redirection from excel source to oledb destination using Dataconversion transformation..

I have sample data

username,birthdates
Rakesk,29/31/2015
Rohan,14/08/2015
neeta,02/03/2015

I want thet erreoud data to go in sepertate table which is not getting populated after I run package.

Data conversion is using DT_DBDATE as a datatype.It works fine when using file as a source.

what is wrong here...can anyone help???

August 20th, 2015 1:10pm

Hi srm_2010,

Does not work means there is an error and then what, no data flows into the error table?

How the data type is relevant?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 24th, 2015 3:02pm

Hi srm_2010,

If I understand correctly, you want to load incorrect birthdates from Excel Source to an OLE DB Destination. While when you use Data Conversion Transformation to convert the birthdates column to DT_DBDATE datatype, you didnt get the error records in the OLE DB Destination.

By default, Data Conversion Transformation will "Fail component" on an error issue. We must tell SSIS that you do not want to fail the package, you want to "Redirect Row" which will allow the flow to continue down the red arrow. To achieve this goal, please refer to the following setting:

1. Double-click the Data Conversion Transformation
  2. Go to the Configure Error Output tab
  3. Change the column with Redirect row as Error option
  4. Connect the red line to the OLE DB Destination

The following screenshot is for your reference:

Thanks,
Katherine Xiong

August 26th, 2015 8:40am

Yes I have done exactly the way u have suggested..But it not working when I use Excel file as a source and it works fine when use flat file source..here i get my Oledbdestination table getting populated with correct data and another table with incorrect data.

my excel is 32 bit and I am using ssis 2012 on windows server 2008r2/windows 7 which is 64 bit...I wonder what is wrong...

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
September 2nd, 2015 10:44am

Can you share your setup and images?
September 2nd, 2015 3:27pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics