Error On Restart - Hang at applying computer settings
My Server Sheduled Restart Every Sunday . I face one problem 1 . Server Restart and then hand on Before login panel , Shows applying computer settings . . . . Dont come the login panel , and in this time i cannot ping server . I need to restart server . 2 . Server restart and login panel come , i log but its hang , show applying personal settings . . . I check in event log find some error [2072:2284] len=232 B64BlobReq='TlRMTVNTUAADAAAAGAAYAH4AAAAYABgAlgAAABIAEgBIAAAAGAAYAFoAAAAMAAwAcgAAAAAAAACuAAAABYKIogUBKAoAAAAPQgBWAEMAUABTAC0ARABIAEEAbQBhAHIAdQBmAGgAbwBzAHMAYQBpAG4AQwBJAFQAWQAxADIAYmR55L/hbA8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQxuM3oUVGZ67LvxYzc9xgzkPcSWp9ndf'; status=87:0x57:The parameter is incorrect. [2072:2284] ver=120 tId=411ba670 PLType=4 PLLen=76 Seq=36646; status=87:0x57:The parameter is incorrect. [2072:2284] AcceptSecurityContext failure, SEC_E_INVALID_TOKEN, ContextLink=0x0 count=2; status=87:0x57:The parameter is incorrect. [2072:2284] len=248 B64BlobReq='TlRMTVNTUAADAAAAGAAYAIoAAAAYABgAogAAABIAEgBIAAAAGAAYAFoAAAAYABgAcgAAAAAAAAC6AAAABYKIogUBKAoAAAAPQgBWAEMAUABTAC0ARABIAEEAegBhAGsAaQByAGgAbwBzAHMAYQBpAG4AQQBOAEEATABZAFQASQBDAEEATAAxADMAarsOzKCo/IQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA6W8PKf6VdNDFtP0IjkxHxTwQQ47jv5aD'; status=87:0x57:The parameter is incorrect. [2072:2284] ver=120 tId=411ba670 PLType=4 PLLen=76 Seq=36628; status=87:0x57:The parameter is incorrect. [2072:2284] AcceptSecurityContext failure, SEC_E_INVALID_TOKEN, ContextLink=0x0 count=64; status=87:0x57:The parameter is incorrect.
October 18th, 2010 12:09am

Does you server points to the correct Dns server ? Do you have Group Plocies ? Can you please disarble the AV and see if the problem resumes ? http://www.virmansec.com/blogs/skhairuddin
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
October 18th, 2010 2:04am

Hi, This issue can be caused due to several factors, such as DNS and group polices as Syed suggested. Please make sure the DNS setting is correct and group policies can be processed correctly first. When did the issue begin to occur? Have you installed software, hardware or updates recently? Is this a member server, DC or a standalone PC? Is it hung at “applying computer settings” or “applying user settings” during startup now, or the issue occurs randomly? For further troubleshooting, please help gather the following files for research. 1. Userenv log ============== Please enable the Userenv log on the problematic computer. The Userenv log is helpful to troubleshoot such issues. a. Click "Start", click "Run", type "regedit" (without quote) and press OK. b. Locate the following key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon c. Create the following value under the Winlogon key: Value Name: UserEnvDebugLevel Value Type: REG_DWORD Value Data: 10002 (Hexadecimal) For more information about Userenv log, please refer to the following article: How to enable user environment debug logging in retail builds of Windows http://support.microsoft.com/?id=221833 Please restart the client to reproduce the problem. The log file is written to the %Systemroot%\Debug\UserMode\Userenv.log file. If the Userenv.log exists and is greater than 300 KB, the existing file will be renamed to Userenv.bak, and a new log file created. Please send both the Userenv.log and Userenv.bak (If it exists) files to me. 2 Event log =========== a. Click "Start", click “Run”, input "eventvwr" and press Enter. b. Expand the "Windows Logs" node on the left pane, right-click on "Security" and click "Save All Events As"; in the pop-up window, click to choose the Desktop icon on the left frame, input "sec" in the "File name" blank, and then click save. c. Right click on "System", with the same method, save it as "sys". d. Locate the two saved log files on the Desktop and send them to us. 3. Run ipconfig /all > c:\ipconfig.txt on the problematic PC 4. GPMC log =========== a. On domain controller, click Start -> Run, type GPMC.MSC, it will load the GPMC console. If the GPMC snap-in is not installed, For Windows Serve r 2003, you can download and install it from the following URL on the DC: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A6D4C24-8CBD-4B35-9272-DD3CBFC81887&displaylang=en For Windows Server 2008 or Windows Vista, the GPMC is included in the RSAT: Description of Windows Server 2008 Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows Vista Service Pack 1 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941314 b. Right click on "Group Policy Result" and choose wizard to generate a report for the problematic computer and user account (please place appropriately). (Choose computer and select the proper user in the wizard) c. Right click the resulting group policy result and click the "Save Report…" => save report to save the report to a HTML file. Upload these file to the following workspace. ------------------------------------------------------------ You can upload the information files to the following link. (Please choose "Send Files to Microsoft") Workspace URL: (https://sftus.one.microsoft.com/choosetransfer.aspx?key=6e73f071-6592-4b55-8cd8-c31db9ccd036) Password: +UQeCI2^q__ Note: Due to differences in text formatting with various email clients, the workspace link above may appear to be broken. Please be sure to include all text between '(' and ')' when typing or copying the workspace link into your browser. Meanwhile, please note that files uploaded for more than 72 hours will be deleted automatically. Please ensure to notify me timely after you have uploaded the files. Thank you for your understanding. Thanks. Nina This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
October 20th, 2010 10:30am

You should also check to see if this applies to your problem: KB article 2379016 A computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 stops responding at the "Applying User Settings" stage of the logon process. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2379016
Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
February 14th, 2011 6:18pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics