Error Occured while skipping data rows

Hello

I'm having a problem with a flat file source in that the package throws an error straight away. The error I get is as follows:

Information: 0x4004300C at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: Execute phase is beginning.
Error: 0xC0202091 at Data Flow Task, Flat File Source [2]: An error occurred while skipping data rows.
Error: 0xC0047038 at Data Flow Task, SSIS.Pipeline: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED.  The PrimeOutput method on Flat File Source returned error code 0xC0202091.  The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing.  There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

I've tried multiple things to resolve this.. Changing the OutputColumnWidth in the flat file connection manager, checking the file for any irregularites in notepad++ (each line ends as it should with CRLF), the file is encoded in UTF-8 without BOM and now I'm stumped as to what the problem could be. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

August 22nd, 2013 10:47am

What type of flat file is it? Delimited, fixed width or ragged right?

Are you reading it in as UTF-8?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
August 22nd, 2013 11:14am

It's delimited, and I've tried changing the code page to UTF-8 but still get the error.
August 22nd, 2013 12:27pm

Silly question: is the flat file connection manager configured to skip rows?
August 22nd, 2013 7:16pm

I'm getting the same error... HeaderRowsToSkip = 0. DataRowsToSkip = 0.

August 29th, 2013 4:14am

Hi,

Is the TextQualifier of the Flat File Connection Manaer is set to (double simple quote), and there are open without closure in the source file?

If so, this combination leads flat file connection manage to consider everything that appears after as just text, without processing the double bars, or even the new line character. So, if there is a large amount of data after the sign, the buffer overflows.

In this situation, we can use following methods to avoid this issue:

• If the file can be modified, removing the combination.
  • If the file cannot be modified, or it is preferred not to do so, we can change TextQualifier to any other character or even to <none>.

Regards,

August 29th, 2013 9:53am

Thanks Mike - this is good advice.

I think in our case, we had a For Each loop picking up a stray file (i.e. a wrong file, but matched the pattern).

September 1st, 2013 10:56pm

This can also be caused by a mismatch between the number of column names in the header row of a text file and the columns actually in the file and/or defined in the Flat File Connection.  Say you have 10 fields actually in the file and your header row only provides 9 fields - the error will be thrown.
May 29th, 2015 11:09am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics