Error Code 8 while loading data from MDS stage to Model

Hi ,

I am getting ErrorCode 8 while loading the data from stage to model. I have checked my error view it states that "Member Code is Inactive".

Intially i have loaded same set of data in Model from MDS Stage table but then deleted with ImportType = 5 which removed all the data from the MDM model.

Now i want to load it back but its giving the Error Code 8 ..  Before loading the same data i have changed the stage table Importtype to 2 and Importstatusid to 0 Any suggestions?

April 22nd, 2015 11:07am

Also, What is the good way to delete the data from the Model?

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2015 12:15pm

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee633854.aspx

5: Deactivate the member
6: Permanently delete the member

After using 5 to deactivate the member, you can use 6 to permanently delete the member or use following sp to delete all deactivated members.

EXEC mdm.udpDeletedMembersPurge @ModelName = N'Product', @VersionName = N'Version 1'     

April 22nd, 2015 1:57pm

Thanks Vincent, it worked for me.

So if i just need to delete member from stage i will just truncate or delete the records from leaf stage table.

and if i want to delete the members from model then instead of using 5, i can directly use 6.

I have to use this:

EXEC mdm.udpDeletedMembersPurge @ModelName = N'Product', @VersionName = N'Version 1'    

becasue i have deactivated the members by using 5.

Is there any other way i can delete the members from model without setting import type = 4 or 6 in stage table and then execute stage .udp_test_leaf?

do we have any other SP which delete all the members for seleted entity in the model?

Thanks,

Akash

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 22nd, 2015 3:02pm

There is no build-in sp can delete all members in the entity.

It can be achieve by

A. Expose entity leaf member as subscription view.
B. Insert stg.entity_leaf by select * from subscription view with import type 6.
C. execute stg.udp_entity_leaf

It should be easy to wrapper it in a sp.

April 22nd, 2015 10:29pm

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics