Error : No cube specified. A cube must be specified for this command to work.

Hi,

I am trying to implement a custom drillthrough in SSAS. The idea is do the drill down via relational db rather than analysis services db. I have imported the SQLQuery Assembly and it works fine. I have created a stored procedure in the Relational DB that takes parameters to return the data for that drill down. The stored procedure returns records for the particular fiscal year selected in the pivot. The problem I have is when I try to pass on the values from the Excel pivot selected Filters, I get the error  above mentioned error.

"call SQLQuery.ExecuteSql(

'provider=sqlncli11;server=10.10.10.10;database=MyDataMart;trusted_connection=yes'

,' Exec SP_GetCasesDrillthrough '+ [Time].[Fiscal Year] )"

I think the problem is likely around the syntax of the MDX expression I am using to get values of the fiscal year (in this case). It seems its a context issue and I tried the using the cube name like ' [CubeName].[Time].[Fiscal Year] or

[Time].[Fiscal Year].CURRENTMEMBER.MEMBER_CAPTION

or

[CubeName].[Time].[Fiscal Year].CURRENTMEMBER.MEMBER_CAPTION

SSAS Rowset custom action expression

Error when clicking on the Additional Action >> Action menu

SSAS Action Error No cube specified. A cube must be specified for this command to work.

I get same error I try to execute the expression SSMS. Without MDX it works fine.

Any help in resolving this error is highly appreciated!

• Edited by Tahir Naeem Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:51 AM
April 28th, 2015 9:44am

Hi Tahir,

According to your description, you get the "No cube specified" error in Excel and SSMS. Right?

In Analysis Services, this error when the cube is not specified since the command is based on a cube dimension member. In Excel, please check if you select a cube when creating connection.

In SSMS, please add the cube as parameter when connecting SSMS. You can go to Options ->Additional Connection Parameters. Add "Cube=Adventure Works"

Best Regards,

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 29th, 2015 1:28pm

Hi Simon,

thanks for your reply. Actually I have the cube selected both in Excel and SSMS. here are the snapshots.

Excel data connection

SSMS:

SSMS

But still get the error!

Any clues appreciated!

April 30th, 2015 8:39am

This question can be asked in another way too: How to get the dimension/filter selection in MDX expression for this "Action".

I need to get the selection made (via a MDX expression)  on fiscal year to get the records for that fiscal year.

Free Windows Admin Tool Kit Click here and download it now
April 30th, 2015 9:26am

Any suggestions for Tahir?

Thanks!

May 11th, 2015 12:46am

This topic is archived. No further replies will be accepted.

Other recent topics Other recent topics